Need Help

Smitty11096

May 2, 2013
Near Genesee, PA
My yamaha blaster wont start at all, it sounds almost like it wants to but wont turn over. i dont know what i could be and id like to get it fixed as soon as i possibly can. if anyone knows what i could do please help, my friends want me to go riding but i cant because i cant get it to start.X(

when is the last time it ran ?
good fresh fuel ?
airfilter clean and oiled ?
getting spark ?
new plug ?
fuel flow to the carb ?
check the reeds by pulling the carb and look in with a flashlight, all 4 reed petals should be present.
you could also remove the reed cage to check them.

it ran about 2 months ago and i just put new gas in it about a week ago when my friend looked at it, theres fuel flow to the carb and the piston looked good, he also checked the spark plug and it had spark, its brand new, i bought it thinking it was the problem but come to find out it wasnt the problem. and we didnt check the reeds, but the air filter cant come off because the bolt broke inside and i have no idea how to fix that or get it out now. if you or anyone else has any ideas of how to please let me know. and since we never checked the reeds then i will have to do that next time i look at it. my friend also said it could be the stater coils, the timing key/chain, and/or the points in the engine. so i have no idea what it could be, theres a few things it could be and i dont know where to start at.

My yamaha blaster wont start at all, it sounds almost like it wants to but wont turn over. i dont know what i could be and id like to get it fixed as soon as i possibly can. if anyone knows what i could do please help, my friends want me to go riding but i cant because i cant get it to start.X(

This reads like it wont fire.

Here these are free and may help you to understand the Blaster a little more.

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

03+ supplement:
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/03-06-blaster-repair-manual-supplement-1916/

Thanks guys, ill check that stuff out when I get home, im in school right now, but when I get home and get the time I will take a look and hopefully I can get it starts I:I but if there is any other suggestions then please do tell and hopefully I can take a look at them

Well if you have insured that it has GOOD spark (Fat blue) than that leaves fuel and air. Just because you have fuel flow to the carb it doesn't mean that the carb is functioning properly. I would clean the air filter and clean the carb.

Is your TORS removed?

Ok First of all quick question have you done anything to it like tors removal kit or anything if so make sure u have everything removed becasue i didnt and that casued alot of problems. Second i would remove the reeds clean them check for cracks and damage , clean the carb , make sure there is fuel running to the carb easy way is open the screw at the bottom of the carb see the picture for details. if thats is good then check spark plug make sure its not gunked up or anything . If that all that doesnt work then there will be somthing else wrong.
004-1.jpg

i looked at it again today and the spark for some reason just quit working, but ill check the reeds tomorrow if i get the chance, and also, when i get a new spark plug ill let you guys know it helped or not

i got the new spark plug in it and there was still no spark to it at all, i unscrewed the screw holding the wire down to clean it and that didnt do anything at all so i dont know what happened

If you have no spark you will need to use an electrical tester to check a few things.
Your key switch if you have one
Your on/off kill switch
Check for good grounds at your coil
Use the Ohm meter to check your stator and coil for resistance, the values are in the manual.