Need help

rayblaster

Oct 14, 2012
Newcasle Upon Tyne Uk
can anybody help me as i am at a loss with this what kind of upper ball joint do i need and can anyone tell me about them pics ?

cheers

Ray

Attachments

• ball joint2.jpg
    ball joint2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 159
  • were the ball joint goes2.jpg
    were the ball joint goes2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 169
can anybody help me as i am at a loss with this what kind of upper ball joint do i need and can anyone tell me about them pics ?

cheers

Ray

As I said to ya I've never seen a sleeve in a knuckle (spindle). The ball joints you can get. I can't remember off hand where the guys get them from as i still run stock arms.

OH just noticed it was a pitch joint! I don't know how AM arms fit in a pitch joint. shouldn't have threads i don't think?

I think that is the wrong ball joint on them arms

so i have the wrong ball joints for the upper A-ARM? am confussed on the other side on the other upper a-arm i cant see any nut or cotter pin

That is my guess! Let some of the others with AM arms chime in. lets see the other side pic!

Right managed to get some snaps and it looks like am going to have to re new upper and lower ball joints as found a split in one of the bottem ones X( the upper ball joint what is off is left hand side and looking at it there a hole blocked up so unblocked it see pic i taken a pic of right hand side to show how that one is put together so now i want to renew upper and lower ball joints were can i get a full set off the internet deliverd to me and what is going to fit???

many thanks

Ray

Attachments

• ball joint unblocked.jpg
    ball joint unblocked.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 139
  • right hand side ball joint.jpg
    right hand side ball joint.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 128
  • under right hand side.jpg
    under right hand side.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 110
here is a pic of a members quad off here am useing this pic as a example and looking at the A-arms on this quad are the same as mine i put a ring around the ball joints were can i get the same ones from???

many thanks

Ray

Attachments

• redblast.jpg
    redblast.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 150
Bad news the a-arms what i have got on my blaster and what they have listed on there web site http://quadextreme.co.uk/accessories/qz ... idearm-kit

they no longer can get the ball joints all so they told me they no longer sell that kit even tho they do have them listed on the web site as in stock

so can anyone tell me what other a-arms can i get the same size what will take there place just a case of unbolt and bolt on some diffrent ones ??

cheers ray

you need to pm sicivicdude here on the forum. he builds his own a arms and probably has a good idea of what you need. looks to me that both of those need to be repalaced. the one that is installed is broken off and could pop out at any moment while riding. there should be threads and a nut sticking out of that pinch point. those look to be some decent a arms so they would be worth fixing. Even if civic doesn't know what you need he should be able to walk you through what you need to do to figure it out and point you in the direction of a place that would carry them

I have never seen a tapered upper ball joint adapter like that.... Seems rather convoluted.

It looks like the kit includes a special tapered to straight shank adapter that screws onto the threads of the ball joint (in lieu of the normal washer, nut, and cotter pin) and is then pinched inside the pinch joint of the blaster spindle.

I don't recognise those ball joints really. They look like the Moog chassis tie rod end with the M14 shank to be honest....

Either way, you're missing a shank adapter piece that would need to screw onto the ball joint in order to fit inside the "pinch bolt" upper ball joint mount.

I have never seen a tapered upper ball joint adapter like that.... Seems rather convoluted.

It looks like the kit includes a special tapered to straight shank adapter that screws onto the threads of the ball joint (in lieu of the normal washer, nut, and cotter pin) and is then pinched inside the pinch joint of the blaster spindle.

I don't recognise those ball joints really. They look like the Moog chassis tie rod end with the M14 shank to be honest....

Either way, you're missing a shank adapter piece that would need to screw onto the ball joint in order to fit inside the "pinch bolt" upper ball joint mount.

so can i get replacements mate ?? or what do you advice i get to replace the top and bottem ball joints.

Many Thanks

Ray