Need help with idle

2004 YFS200

May 6, 2008
Saugus, MA
could someone tell me why my engine shuts off this is what i do it will stay idleing unless i start riding and then try and put it back in nuetral and if i dont keep giving it gas the engine stops.

this happened to me, when it shuts off take out your sparkplug and see if it is all wet and fuely like mine was, i have not fixed this issue yet either since i am having a bigger issue, and make sure if ur gas tank is full put the fuel line on on, and if it is half a tank of gas turn the nozzle to res

let me know if this works

yfs200, your problem is simple, if you just let it sit there, it will shut off, but if you give it a little gas then it will run, if that is your problem you just need to adjust your carb

how would i adjust the carb cause i do give it gas but then when i stop giving gas it will stay for like 5 secs and slowly shut off. what should i adjust the pilot air screw? how many turns out

u dont have to do any of that, where your throttle line goes into throttle lever there is a rubber black thing, if you just push off the throttle lever there is a type of bolt, just adjust it by that thing

if that didnt work, there is acualy a idle screw, i belive its on the side of the carb with the pipe going to the silencer, so if your sitting on it, the right side of the carb. its a big fat screw that looks like it can be hand tighted/loosened but use a screw driver to adjust it. slow, not alot at first. just play with it.

the screw is on the left its gold, i thik it shoud be like 1.5 out and the idle screw is the screw on the top when you take off youre seat on the left ontop of the carb on the tors theres a big flathead there , out makes it higher i think