need help with crank seals

Aug 4, 2011
Elkhart,IN
cant get the pesky clutch side crank seal out i cant get the thing out i tryed the drywall screw and ive tryd hooks i dont know what else to do:-/ help please im out of ideas

ive torn up the seal so bad i can barly get a grab on it with those hooks. if i put heat to it would it help or would cold help? i just dont know what to do

yes the screw wouldnt go in and i finally got one in i put a hook on the other side pulled the hook and screw with pliers the screw just pulled right out:(

ok well i finally got it out with a tiiny screw driver and alot of work! i didnt know there was metal in those seals! well now my question is i was looking at some diagrams of the crank and i seen there is suppose to be somthing called a collar between the bearing and the seal how do i know if i have it or not also wats the best way to tell the diffrence between the right and left seal... thanks for any help

ok well i finally got it out with a tiiny screw driver and alot of work! i didnt know there was metal in those seals! well now my question is i was looking at some diagrams of the crank and i seen there is suppose to be somthing called a collar between the bearing and the seal how do i know if i have it or not also wats the best way to tell the diffrence between the right and left seal... thanks for any help

you cant confuse the seals the stator side is hollow in the back and flat on the outside. the clutch side has a grove in each side and a larger opening in the center for the collar that goes between it and the shaft of the crank. Rockymountainatv.com is a good place to get oem seals. you also need to pack the seals with lithum greese before you install them

so got my collar in today( thats why my seal leaked so bad didnt have collar) but the problem is that the collar and the crankshaft are the same size so how am i suppose to install it. should i attempt the same method i used for getting the bearing in...dry ice and heat on the collar? or just a rubber mallat? not sure what to do next