need help...... tire bead leaks

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
so hey guys ive had this problem for more than a year now.... but its now really starting to make me mad, i have a front tire that wont hold air for more than a few hours..... its messing with braking also makes it turn hard when on front brakes (no they arent glazed, and when i put air in it it doesnt turn)

so ive tried the ratchet strap around middle and 25 psi (recommended for setting bead, says so right on the side) and it still leaks.....

any other ways to fix it???

i have itp aluminum rims if it makes a difference

take it to a tire shop, not a bike shop !

i had to do it on my bayou i had to strech the tire on the rim and it wouldent set so i sprayed some brake cleaner on it and stook a lighter to it and boom scared the sh*t out of me but it worked

hmm...... i may have to try it.... no one tell my mom, i showed her that video and said i better never try it

A lot of volume inside an ATV tire and not much strength.
Fire+volitile gas+explosion. Cheeze! wonder why mom doesn't want you trying this one at home?

Awfully hard to pick up girls when you only have one eye and 7 fingers...

Steve

Jeeesh what a bunch of sally's. Just take some damn carb cleaner/starting fluid and spray a very small amount in 4 spots around the rim.If you feel scared then use a long stick with carb cleaner and light it then use that to ignite it so your not to close. Its not as bad as everyone makes it sound. Always seats the bead and have never blown out a tire. Once you do it once you will do it every time!!

A penny to a pound of doggie doo that you have a porous rim.

Inflate the tyre a immerse it in water and look for leaks.

Jeeesh what a bunch of sally's. Just take some damn carb cleaner/starting fluid and spray a very small amount in 4 spots around the rim.If you feel scared then use a long stick with carb cleaner and light it then use that to ignite it so your not to close. Its not as bad as everyone makes it sound. Always seats the bead and have never blown out a tire. Once you do it once you will do it every time!!

I didn't know there was another way :D

Break the bead off the rim on the side that's leaking. Clean it well, maybe get rim sealer from "good" autoparts or TSC (etc).

That small of tire I usually take valve core out when red neck bead seating.

I feel with tires all day. If you have a leaky aluminum rim you need to clean that corrosion off than use some good beed seller . It looks like gooy black support flash stuff. It works wonders. Just start it around the bead of the rim than the old saying fluid trick will work but be very careful please. That our bring it to a tire shop. They will have a bead blaster. Also if you take out your valve stem out let's the site in much faster to set a bead. Some tires are a real pain though.

I use a rachet strap around the tyre, never have any problems.

I find it good the lubricate the strap with washing up liquid to allow slippage and to get an even grasp on the tread.

Taking out the valve insert also allows a greater amount of air to enter, to help snap it onto the rim.

Oh yeah and like blaaster said. Use soapy water all around the inside of tire lip, where the bead is. I use tire slime we call it, but basically is like soap and water it lets the tire slide much easier over the bead. Take a rag with lots of dish soap n little water and rub all around the lip of the tire... crank your compressor up take valve stem out and blast it real quick. Once bead is set you can put valve stem back in. Also try and keep tire in the center of rim. I have never used the strap method but it sounds like it should work good. On small tires at the shop, the difficult ones we use a round rubber donut thingy.. if you went to a shop it should only be like 5$ for them to set the bead for ya...