Need help imediately!!!

*Quad*King*1986

Oct 23, 2011
Bucks county, PA
When putting in vitos +4 timing key, does it go in upside compared to stock key? I can't get it to fit inside keyhole with the "flat bottom side" like stock key. But of I flip it upside down so the rounded side is sticking up out of key slot it fits? What am I doing wrong? Need help fast I'm in the middle of doing this! Thanks guys...

Half moon fits shaft. With keyway facing up, the offset of key faces front of bike. (In other words the little lip that hangs over goes to front.) If key doesn't fit be sure there are no burrs on/in the keyway slot. Make sure there no burrs on the key. Last resort lightly sand/file the key.

Okay so after lightly grinding the bottom of both sides it finally went in but was still pretty tight. I'm not sure if the key was too fat or if it was just my crankshaft but my stock key fit good so Im gonna say it was a poorly made key, anyways... I put everything back together but didn't have a torque wrench so i have to wait until tomorrow to finish tightening the nut to spec. I'm gonna pit a little locktite on hit with 53lbs of pure muscle & let her rip to test it out. I will be sssooo pist if it didnt work, It took me forever because I didn't have the correct tools from start to finish. If I don't then I will just mod my stator (should of done that in the first place but whatever) I'll keep you guys posted on this mod. Oh and I just ordered my 35mm PJ earlier this morning from eBay! I got it for $75 buck but the ad says "it may need a new needle stay & float bowl screws" I think it was still a good deal. What do you think?

good improvising, although i'd never run or trust one of those keys, it's a very long walk from someplaces i ride too, with no cell service in some places too

and $75 ain't bad for a used keihin carb, and most need the needle changed anyway to a "dgh" or "cel"

Forget the loctite, not needed, the flywheel is held on by the taper not the nut.

Loctite on a thread that big will make it an absolute swine to get off in the future.

Okay, I'll scratch the locktite I didn't think I needed it either but the instructions from vitos key said to use it... AWK- what is a needle stay anyways? Did he mean the needle clip or maybe something else? I can't wait to receive it and take apart just so I can see what I'm working with and also to admire the differences from my restrictive stock carb

I found a torque wrench & finished up the job... I'm surprised with the gains I got out of it. It pulls wheelies so easily now (and I don't even have my 35mm carb or V-Force3's on yet lol) so now that I got this key I need to pay more attention to my motor/noises just incase it shear's in half right? What sort of noise will it make or what will it do performance wise if it does break? I need to know what to look and listen for so I don't trash my beautiful motor lol

I prolly wont make any noises if the flywheel spins, the motor simply will not run or will backfire like crazy.

Dont be too worried about that key shearing, if those mating surfaces were tidy and you got that nut on a 53 ft lbs, there is nothing other than an abrupt stop, like a chain breaking or you slamming on the back break whilst in gear, that is going to make that flywheel spin.

I prolly wont make any noises if the flywheel spins, the motor simply will not run or will backfire like crazy.

Dont be too worried about that key shearing, if those mating surfaces were tidy and you got that nut on a 53 ft lbs, there is nothing other than an abrupt stop, like a chain breaking or you slamming on the back break whilst in gear, that is going to make that flywheel spin.

Hhhmmm!!! I need to be very carful then while doing stunts (I use the back break alot during wheelies, or if I'm approaching a corner, or something really fast) I'll keep that in the back of my head mow at all times lol. I mean really the only time I jam my break is if I know I went too far back and I'm about to slam my grab bar into the ground. I'm pretty good with wheelies though so it's not too often

It has to be rather an abrupt stop, like locking up the engine.

As said before, worry not, you have to punish it severely to do damage.

If you have a good fit up it will be a good as new.

Have you ever spun a flywheel doing your tricks before? If not, worry not, chances of doing it are pretty few and far between.