Need help! Driving me nuts!

If it is pouring white smoke your clutch side crank seal may be bad. are you loosing tranny fluid? It gets sucked into the combustion chamber and burned off when that seal is bad. I would not trust anyone but me to do a leak test.

Reactions: jus_me
At 40:1 it may run rich, the recommended ratio is 32:1!
We have always ran 40-1 in everything though lol. On first top end 40-1 the top end lasted 12 years and the quad was ridden almost daily. I have a yz250 that also runs 40-1 and soon to have a banshee but I love the Blasty soon much more because its very nimble and fast in tight trails

At 40:1 it may run rich, the recommended ratio is 32:1!
We have always ran 40-1 in everything though lol. On first top end 40-1 the top end lasted 12 years and the quad was ridden almost daily. I have a yz250 that also runs 40-1 and soon to have a banshee but I love the Blasty soon much more because its very nimble and fast in tight trails

as stated above, switching to 40:1 increased the amount of fuel in the fuel/air ratio, creating a rich condition.
I'd suggest running 32:1, as thats what 99.9999999% of the jetting and tuning info on here is based on, and is a proven ratio for these air cooled engines.

your other option if you insist on running a ratio more common to water cooled dirtbikes is to tune and plug chop for that ratio.

switching to 32:1 is much simpler

as stated above, switching to 40:1 increased the amount of fuel in the fuel/air ratio, creating a rich condition.
I'd suggest running 32:1, as thats what 99.9999999% of the jetting and tuning info on here is based on, and is a proven ratio for these air cooled engines.

your other option if you insist on running a ratio more common to water cooled dirtbikes is to tune and plug chop for that ratio.

switching to 32:1 is much simpler
The problem with 32/1 it's easier to not have a bunch of different ratios mixed for everything. 40:1 has always worked in our weedeaters, blasters, yzs, my pops banshee, and an older yz465. We usually have them tuned by a motorcycle shop but in December my mom got lung cancer so financially we can't. I've been told everything done to the quad comes out of my money and I just don't have the 80$/hour to throw out at a shop to tune it man. There is no smoking from engine, pipe just pours smoke. So it needs tuned I'm guessing

what spark plug do you have??
are you pre-mixing and using the oil injection?
i tried to read all your problem and posts but i can only handle sooo much lol.

i saw your first threads with the oil injection line still on carb.
and i dont recall you saying anything about a spark plug??
answer away chevy:)

what spark plug do you have??
are you pre-mixing and using the oil injection?
i tried to read all your problem and posts but i can only handle sooo much lol.

i saw your first threads with the oil injection line still on carb.
and i dont recall you saying anything about a spark plug??
answer away chevy:)
Alright man plug is a NGK blaster plug, I premix at 40-1 I pulled the gear from the oil injection. It was a metal gear in the pump. Spark plug hasn't been pulled yet I'm going to pull it in a couple minutes, engine too hot lol. I did leak test it no leaks, but decided what the hell, why not go ahead and try the soapy water and wd40 meathods. Did both, bubbles never moved, engine never raced. So any suggestions? And awk don't be sorry bro just send some prayers my way! They stopped her chemo treatments and said she was doing better but better isn't best! People locally have offered to financially help and we always tell them, the more prayers, the more help received!

if it is smoking like crazy then this.

weak spark
ngk b8es plug not a b9es plug...not gapped correctly plug
floats are getting stuck
airscrew setting/idle incorrect
crank side seal is leaking burning tranny fluid/it is not made to ignite so it will run like chit period.
maybe a timing issue buttt thats pushing it:)

if it is smoking like crazy then this.

weak spark
ngk b8es plug not a b9es plug...not gapped correctly plug
floats are getting stuck
airscrew setting/idle incorrect
crank side seal is leaking burning tranny fluid/it is not made to ignite so it will run like chit period.
maybe a timing issue buttt thats pushing it:)
This is the plug I pulled

Attachments

• 20150717_202452.jpg
    20150717_202452.jpg
    947.6 KB · Views: 230
NO, no wd40 0r soapy water test UNLESS the soapy water is for a proper leak test. Also soapy water wont find your leaky crankseal on the trans side.

Id put $ on thats what your issue is.

NO, no wd40 0r soapy water test UNLESS the soapy water is for a proper leak test. Also soapy water wont find your leaky crankseal on the trans side.

Id put $ on thats what your issue is.
Since that's what everyone thinks it seems to be how would I know? And how much would it be?

put crankcase vent tube in water
see if it bubbles

and im still curious the letters on your plug,at this point i guess it don't matter righto_O