Need exhaust help

stacypfingsten

U.S.N. Veteran.
Apr 8, 2014
norcal
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I just picked up a Pro circuit head pipe for the boys Blaster. It came with just the pipe. I already have a spark arrester. Could you guys tell me what all do I need to install ?

Thanks B F

Another question is jetting. The quad is stock except for the pipe. What size jet should I use and where do I get it ?
Thanks
Stacy

Look on pro circuits web site for a jetting base line, id say 260 main, clip in middle slot, stock pilot about 1.5-1.75 out, an snorkel removed from air box lid. If your pre mixing fuel then thats additional jet increase, an if your running high flow air filter an no box lid at all, thats also additional jetting increase. You buy jets from your local dealer, buy single jets its cheaper, id get 280-250. An a couple plugs for plug chops

So right now it has stock air box and it's still injected. I'm going to no air box with Uni filter off carb though real soon.
So I think I got it thanks 98Blaster

I'm thinking of just removing the lid and running a Uni filter. From what I've read a pod filter may give me problems.
We sometimes ride around rivers and I don't want him tanking his quad with water.
Actually I've already put a Uni filter on his quad.

Pod filter in my opinion actually hurts the performance more then helps on a stock or very mild setup, if it was a fully built drag race engine then yep id suggest a pod, but the stock airbox with a uni in it has made lots of hp

A pod filter directly on the carb of a stock 26mm will work really well.

When you increase the size of the carb the engine can harder to tune with a pod on the throat.