Need brake help.

dnoftz

Aug 9, 2011
Fremont OH
Looking for some advise. I have a 70cc min quad for my son it has a rear hydro brake that is controlled by a handle on the handle bars. He is only 6 so he has small hands and the brake grip has no play so he has a hard time pulling it. Is there a way to get some play in it.

Thanks

I'd say blastard owes you a new lever since it was his idea I:I

Joking aside...did you try heating it up first with a torch before you bent it?

Still not sure bending it will really help, sounds like he is just too weak to squeeze it? Maybe a bend would give some extra leverage though.

You may be able to fabricate a length of copper pipe and lenghten the lever by tapping it on to the existing lever.

Then loosen the adjuster and place a wedge of some sort so that the lever becomes a little closer to the bar.

You may be able to use the old lever as a trial or even for the finished product, but beware either way you will loose the protective ball on the lever end.

A smear of silicon left to dry overnight will help stop the extension from coming off.

I had reason to use this bodgy fix a while ago when I snapped a lever and needed to ride whilst waiting for a new replacment.

yes it may be possible to use the adjuster to create play, if it has a screw type adjuster ?, the 2 yamaha brands i use do not, what they do have is a little 1/2" nub thet pushes into the master, i'd say that could be shaved down to create some play ?
then use a rubber band to hold it closer to the grips just enuf it isnt pushing the master, but just enuf the little guys hands can reach it

yes it may be possible to use the adjuster to create play, if it has a screw type adjuster ?, the 2 yamaha brands i use do not, what they do have is a little 1/2" nub thet pushes into the master, i'd say that could be shaved down to create some play ?
then use a rubber band to hold it closer to the grips just enuf it isnt pushing the master, but just enuf the little guys hands can reach it

That sounds like a plan thanks

Just bought a 2002 blaster and the brakes dont hold. Where do i start anyone know where to find scamatics? I adjust them alittle, they work a little but then they just stop working. i dont know whats wrong, any options? Dont have money to bring in to shop. Let me know thanks