Need a little clutch advice....

Jan 16, 2016
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 99 blaster for 140$ ..it was missing a bunch of parts so I got it cheap..after acquiring the parts I needed for it I put it together and got it running great..only problem is the clutch dosnt engage so I can put it in gear...if I get it rolling and pop it in first it goes thru all the gears and runs great...but the clutch does not work at all...not even after any kind of adjustment...clutch pull is soft and smooth and springs back normal..any tips or advice that may be the issue......frozen clutch plates??? I plan on a new clutch pack and gasket...can someone steer me towards where to buy one at a good price and what brand is best...thanks guys in advance..

Could be a variety of causes- 1. Check to be sure there is a ball between the rods that actuate the clutch 2. The clutch plates go in a certain order. Put them in wrong no clutch. 3. Best case scenario-plates could just be used up.

Could be a variety of causes- 1. Check to be sure there is a ball between the rods that actuate the clutch 2. The clutch plates go in a certain order. Put them in wrong no clutch. 3. Best case scenario-plates could just be used up.
Looks like the case cover for the clutch was never apart..

Joe said it best. Pics say thousands of words.

There is alot that could be causing it, best thing to do it drain the tranny oil, take off the clutch cover, and take a few pics and have a look at what's going on in there. Clutch cover gasket's are cheap, and so is gear oil.