Nboldman's 2nd rebuild

Well i got my bushings for the 400ex shock in the mail from wwholden yesterday adn have been modifying this tool box to mount somewhere on the back of the blasty
DSC07884_zps875062a1.jpg

DSC07885_zps43c3163c.jpg

DSC07886_zps019b92ed.jpg

DSC07887_zpse42eb89b.jpg

DSC07890_zpsd84247da.jpg

DSC07891_zpsfec11189.jpg

DSC07895_zps52e375b8.jpg

my broken phone in the last picture was used to moch up the size which will be close to the iphone 5 im getting here soon. Eventually im going to ill that whole compartent with something that will take an impact(foam, etc.) The compartment on the right will be used for screw drivers, extra bottle of oil, and such. The bottom left corner compartment will be used for jets, bolts and other small items. I have to figure out a way to keep the stuff from floating when riding, but i have an idea. It will probably get mounted to the grab bar somehow.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a blaster 2001 for $680.. Problems with clutch and carb, exhaust put on was never jetted, Kill switch and Headlight disconnected. How much do you think it would cost for me to get all this put in?

It's alright if you don't know, I'm just asking someone with more knowledge than i have lol.

I just bought a blaster 2001 for $680.. Problems with clutch and carb, exhaust put on was never jetted, Kill switch and Headlight disconnected. How much do you think it would cost for me to get all this put in?

It's alright if you don't know, I'm just asking someone with more knowledge than i have lol.

Honestly Ive only been around since February so im still learning myself, it all depends. Did the bike have a meltdown? If the clutch is completly shot then thats a good 50-100 depending on what clutch you go with, carb rebuild is about 15 bucks, the kill switch and headlight if you have them is just a simple matter of plugging things in, unless theres more wrong.

Honestly Ive only been around since February so im still learning myself, it all depends. Did the bike have a meltdown? If the clutch is completly shot then thats a good 50-100 depending on what clutch you go with, carb rebuild is about 15 bucks, the kill switch and headlight if you have them is just a simple matter of plugging things in, unless theres more wrong.

liking the red screen mod natahan !!!!!
now add some little L.E.D. lights behind there to make evil red eyes at night.
radio shack has them 2 for $5, they're what i use for brake/taillights

Thank you. The clutch isn't completely shot, it shifts fine. The headlight is probably just some plugging in and the carb needs the float cleaned. Really don't have anyone to help me on this, so all help from this forum is great.

how would i wire them up though????

right to the switched headlight wiring, or the brake light wire, or the power to the headlights, any constant or switched power to one side, the other side grounded.
depending on when you want them on

i have a set of tailights to my headlights, and a set of brake lights to the switch in my yfz front master cylinder