My turn to vent!

alex90

Oct 15, 2010
Dewey, Arizona
so, im officially done dealing with the trx forum. i thought i would do a favor for people on there , so i documented the rebuild of my head with pics on my trx since there is no documentation of it and the service manual from honda is a bit vague so i went ahead and did so, everyone was happy and thanked me all except for some raceshop owner who is local to me and ragged on it saying i improperly removed the timing chain to separate the head, and went on to say how hes been doin this for ten years blah blah blah, and that i forced the chain off incorrectly by removing the cam sprocket from the cam then taking the chain and that i could have potentially damaged components..

LITTLE DID HE KNOW that i followed the honda service manual word for word and had my friend who is a certified honda tech watch my every move (recently rated as the best honda tech to ever graduate from MMI which was awarded by honda and MMI ),.

this douche is trying to say i should have pried the timing chain off of the cam sprocket! Which would bend and chip the cam sprocket..what an idiot, im glad i will never let him touch my motors,, my handful of times doing it right to the manufacturer standards sounds better than some hick with a shop abusing motors for 10years...urrrrgggggggg

moron !

Humm even car motors you don't pry the chain off!!! :eek::eek::eek: you remove the gear or sprocket to remove the timing chain. And I'm not a certified mechanic and know that.

his exact words.... "remove the timing chain tensioner, then take a screw driver and work the chain off the sprocket"

are you serious hahahaha, the timing chain has soo little tolerance for slack that even removing the tensioner u will only gain about a millimeter or two of play

no one send ur stuff to demon industries in tuscon arizona by the way haha, he a supposed master of making drag quads, now i question it haha, they all probably are spitting timing chains since the cam sprockets are all bent haha

One of the problems with the anonymity of the internet is that it gives credence to what anyone who can sign into a forum thinks whether they know a DARN thing about what they're talking about or not. Because he's a member, people will listen to what he has to say as equally as they'll listen to what you have to say even though he is HORRIBLY wrong about prying a timing chain off.

definitely , probably explains why i havent seen u on there in a while.. anyways i deleted the whole tread, im not gunna give em a piece of my knowledge B)

I am on there quite a bit.... but I never post...

every time I do, someone sees my sig pic and says "hey your quad looks f*cking stupid with that hood on it"

thats an exact quote....lol

I am on there quite a bit.... but I never post...

every time I do, someone sees my sig pic and says "hey your quad looks f**cking stupid with that hood on it"

thats an exact quote....lol

wow they must not be joe byrd fans since he runs the same exact hood, jerks

i havent heard anything about them alex. i didnt even know they existed. but you know whats a good way to relieve alot of stress? to go on a long ride with me.