my speed is acting weird

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
Please help asap....whenever I am riding and I am in any gear it doesn't matter what, if I go open throttle without even shifting it will kick like it is accelerating to full speed. Like I said without even shifting. What does this mean? How can I fix it? I appreciate any advice in advance thanks

Yes it has...and yes it is my first 2 stroke...it's my first at but I am comfortable on them and ride them quite often

Sounds like a slipping clutch.

Do you know what oil is in the tranny.

Is there any play in the clutch cable.

Or could it be that you have developed an air leak and it is suffering lean runaway.

Ok are you sure that its just not the engine coming up onto the pipe or better known as "powerband" 2strokes have a hard kick in power when the pulses of the engine align with the pulses inside the pipe at the point the pipe allows the engine to run better due to it getting maximum amount of fuel charge, this is layman's terms, its actually alot more complex then that

I am thinking partially blocked jet or air leak.

Have you leak tested since re build?

Do the revs shoot up immediately when you throttle it up in gear with the clutch out.

If so it is clutch slip.

What oil is in the tranny?.????

If someone has dumped some friction modifier in the gearbox the clutch may slip!

Is the problem better or worse in 2nd than 6th? Does it go away completely with less throttle, or is it just less pronounced? Post a picture of your clutch arm at the engine.