My Powder Coating

weld_13

Jan 24, 2009
Heres some pictures of the kick starter, tie rods, and bar clamps off my lt250r. The steering stem won't fit in the oven and the cross bar isn't worth powdercoating since it will be replaced with pro taper bars soon.
DSC00233.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Bumper off my kawasaki Mojave

As you can see the only color I have that is worth using is matte black. I'm going to break down and buy a few colors off a guy's ebay store, his prices for standard colors are about $7.50 a pound plus shipping.

Heres some pictures of the kick starter, tie rods, and bar clamps off my lt250r. The steering stem won't fit in the oven and the cross bar isn't worth powdercoating since it will be replaced with pro taper bars soon.
DSC00233.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

Bumper off my kawasaki Mojave

As you can see the only color I have that is worth using is matte black. I'm going to break down and buy a few colors off a guy's ebay store, his prices for standard colors are about $7.50 a pound plus shipping.

I like the bumper, can you PM me a pic showing the rest of the quad?

I like the bumper, can you PM me a pic showing the rest of the quad?

I don't think you can attach pictures to pm's, but here's what I have right now. The bumper was just thrown together out of some steel scrap I had laying around the garage. I should've spent more time to weld in the old number plate holes in it and get some more of the residue off but it is what it is.

DSC00232.jpg

lakeandtaylorrace088.jpg

I don't think you can attach pictures to pm's, but here's what I have right now. The bumper was just thrown together out of some steel scrap I had laying around the garage. I should've spent more time to weld in the old number plate holes in it and get some more of the residue off but it is what it is.

DSC00232.jpg

lakeandtaylorrace088.jpg

Yes you can use IMG code In PM's on blaster forum...

Thanks for those pics. That is one of my favorite bumpers for the slojoI:I even if its not perfect I like it. I might just make one for mine.

How much did it cost you to get a basic set up? I would like to get into pc since thier is nowhere in my area that does pcing, but I'm worried about the cost.

About $70 on the Harbor Freight gun, and picked up a used electric kitchen oven for $50, then spent about another $25 to get it wired up and buy resporators. You will need to buy a sand blaster, preferebly a blast cabinet depending on what you will be doing. I think the harbor freight cabinets are about $100. We didn't buy any of this to start doing stuff and turn a profit, dad just decided it looked cool and off he went buying lol.

If you wait around you can find a free oven and also a used gun cheap, we just got anxious and went ahead and bought stuff. We still don't have a sand blaster though, we've been borrowing one.

to be honest. all you need is an oven and a gun. i got my oven free, and my gin for $70.00. yor gonna need a water trap. i got a good one so that was another $20.00. thats to coat.

then your gonna need a way to clean your metal. if you dont have a sand blaster a wire wheel on a drill will work well, but takes time. thats what i use right now. then you need some degreaser to clean the parts and some acitone for the final final clean before the parts go to the oven for a pre heat. so lets add this up. prolly under $200.00 if you can get the oven for free or under $50.00. you will also need wire and "S" hooks to hang items.

if you dont want powder all over the place your gonna need a booth to spray in. that will be about $50.00