My new truck?

blasterdemon7

I'm not winning.
Nov 19, 2009
Delaware
4402217b.jpg

506b9bfb.jpg

Maybe picking this up today.it's a 98 with 10,000 on rebuilt motor and trans.350 auto. Flowmaster exhaust .

nice man!! i had a '88 with cowl hood and rear roll pan, i didnt like the 700R4 tranny though.. whats that one got for a tranny???

I like it! From what I know about those trucks, they're tough. Got an ex-co-worker who drives one with the 350. He got it with a freshly-rebuilt trannny and just does his normal maintenance. The truck's interior is falling apart, but it has been all over Texas and hasn't quit yet! I drove it the last time I visited the Lone Star State and couldn't complain.

i would suggest finding out why it was rebuilt. you normally dont rebuild an engine unless it needs to be.

The guys a mechanic . He rebuilt the trans, motor, brakes, suspension and rear at 150,000. It's 162,000 now.has all paper work to prove.I'm doing a truck for truck trade.

it seems like the 350's really dont last very long unless babied. or i'm just used to my acura. i would just check it out to make sure its not beat. at 150,000 miles it could have just been getting weak, or the owner drove the hell out of it. just look it over first. it looks like a nice truck though.

can't go wrong with an OBS. and 150k isn't alot for a SBC. they can take a beating and still keep on ticking. maybe he just rebuilt it for piece of mind. you know like maybe he thought he was going to hold onto the truck for a while and wanted it to be reliable for years to come.

you can get 300k out of these things as long as their properly maintained.

150 is not a lot of miles at all..maybe it is for the 350 though

It's not alot if you take care of it.it didn't really need the rebuild but the guy had the money at the time to do it so he did. He is a auto tech that's out of work rite now with a blown out back. He's been wanting a Dakota like mine but got turned down for one at a car lot. That's why he wants to trade.what he has is what I've been wanting so it works out great. As for checking his out, I got that.I've been repairing auto's starting at age 13. I have work for myself and for repair shops. I'm the kind of guy that can pick out every little sound in a motor and know what it is.

can't go wrong with an OBS. and 150k isn't alot for a SBC. they can take a beating and still keep on ticking. maybe he just rebuilt it for piece of mind. you know like maybe he thought he was going to hold onto the truck for a while and wanted it to be reliable for years to come.

you can get 300k out of these things as long as their properly maintained.

You know what OBS stands for?? Wow thats the first time I heard somebody else say that other than on FSC or GMfullsize. U on any of those forums?

you're gonna have to lose the "dakota" name, then you'll be silveradodemon ?????

It had a 150,000 miles on it. That's why. What's so hard to understand?

if he has papers to prove the rebuild, i personally wouldnt be worried as to why it was rebuilt... my buddies 91 has 300k+ and still runs like a champ... he hasnt done anything to it but change the oil and routine maint. since he owned it at 100k...

i might be a Ford man through and through but that's a nice truck! i don't know about mileage for a 350 but that doesn't sound like much, my 1990 ranger has 279k miles on it and still starts and runs like brand new.