My new toy/project

blasterdude14

Apr 28, 2009
ohio
Well officially got my new toy today its a 1991 KX125 with an 89 motor. I have no idea why it has an older motor in it. Anyways it needs some love and parts but it has some nice things on it.
Has some sort of aftermarket forks my buddy that gave me the bike said they were FOX it also has an aftermarket keihin carb that I gotta look over to see what it is exactly. Has an old FMF silencer and I assume it had an FMF pipe but thats long gone now so I'm gonna have to pick one of those up. Needs a new piston, and someone has a rear tire for it that I'm gonna have to track down so I avoid having to buy new. When its all said and done its not to bad of a deal for "free" lol.
Anyways onto the pics! These are just some basic ones I'll get some more once the tear down starts.
2013-02-07_18-21-00_548_zps2f5a7056.jpg

You can see the destroyed rear fender and the stock set of forks it comes with
2013-02-07_18-20-42_578_zpscb0ef719.jpg

Slightly different angle from the first one
2013-02-07_18-20-17_972_zps1f29f487.jpg

That's a great deal for a freebie! Plus, the bike looks pretty good for being almost as old as I am. Should make for a fun project, and one you might can get running before riding season hits this year. I:I

Were you given a swingarm and rear wheel with it? Or do you have to track down the whole assembly?

That's a great deal for a freebie! Plus, the bike looks pretty good for being almost as old as I am. Should make for a fun project, and one you might can get running before riding season hits this year. I:I

Haha I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the month! As long as I don't run into any surprises in the motor I should be breaking it in soon. I can't wait to get this thing rippin!

Hey just gonna ask in here, whats the difference between an O-ring and X-ring chain? Kinda forgot the differences

I want a free bike..lol I don't get that lucky.

Haha its not exactly free, my buddy that gave me the bike has owed me about $230 since last july he was avoiding me for the longest time about it. I finally got sick of it and started to talk in lets just say not so friendly terms. So in order to pay me back he gave me the bike as payment lol

nice find i got lucky like this one with a 91 rm 85 traded him a rc drift car that i never used im rebuilding the rm for my daughter :) its nearly done but she's still too young (only 2) so i figure ill start her on my 1983 honda z50 then when she out grows it stick her on the rm gotta wait 5 years till she can start riding