My new to me 04 yfz450

Dave16

Dec 13, 2008
Vineland, NJ
I got this 450 basically for $1700, it runs pretty good, smokes blue when it's cold, and it's got some pretty sweet mods.

AС nerfs, bumper and grab bar
Denton steering stabilizer
Holeshot tires all around
White bros carbon exhaust
Dominator +2 axle
Tag bars
some weird billet throttle lever
and an aluminum battery box

In the span of about 2 months I went from the 250f. to a rappy 660, to this yfz. lol :D

Attachments

• My Pictures 096.jpg
    My Pictures 096.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 177
  • My Pictures 095.jpg
    My Pictures 095.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 181
  • My Pictures 098.jpg
    My Pictures 098.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 138
  • My Pictures 100.jpg
    My Pictures 100.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 156
  • My Pictures 102.jpg
    My Pictures 102.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 165
Some newer pics after I took it apart and cleaned it... I'll try to get more later

Attachments

• My Pictures 113.jpg
    My Pictures 113.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 132
The valves might be ok. I bought an 04 for 1300 that smoked and it turned out to be the cylinder had a slight warp in it on the exaust side. So I put a 400 dollar big bore kit on it and sold it for 3g's.

Have fun with that project... Looks nice

Those look like Moose Nerfs. It looks like it may have had a aftermarket hood on it previously? I see that patch on the hood.

Does it start pretty easily?

with a yfz you shouldnt need to stand on the grab bar to get it to wheelie lol. but i think the throttle is probably missing a rubber cover or something. its a nice machine tho but you might as well use those holeshots as drag tires lol.

I was on a short ride to get the pics, thats why i'm not wearin a helmet.

But I got this yfz by workin' my ass off, in fourth grade I started out by selling this Ukrainian candy in school. Made money and started flipping mopeds with my dads help. My dad paid for most of the stuff once I began, but I don't get paid for working around the house so and I do a lot of work. And then I bought a warrior (dad owns it now), then a blaster (traded for kx250f), bought a rappy for $1700 (then traded for the yfz).

with a yfz you shouldnt need to stand on the grab bar to get it to wheelie lol. but i think the throttle is probably missing a rubber cover or something. its a nice machine tho but you might as well use those holeshots as drag tires lol.

Yea I thought so too, but I think the tires suck that's why. And I did actually take the holeshots out on the street, and I topped my yfz out. I was wearing a helmet on that ride.

so... my LTR has titanium valves.. I should get larger kibble's when I do a cam and stuff? I want to do a cam and port so I may as well get larger valves and bb same time I guess... see where it lands me LMFAO. but then again, I do contemplate getting rid of it in favor of something else... maybe a ktm 450sx :D