my new tires and wheels

bagds101

Jul 6, 2010
tucson az
hey i thought i would post my sweet find. i am excited and my wife didnt care so i thought i would share with you guys on bf. well on saturday my wife went to yard sales and came across 2 rear quad tires for sale for 40 bucks. the guy tells her he has more in the storage shed for sale so she gets his phone number. i call him and he meets me at his storage, opens it up, and there it was. 4 matching itp holeshot mx tires on douglas aluminum wheels. almost brand new. i ask him how much he wants for them and he tells me 150 for all 4. i said i dont have much money how much for the rear and he said 40. so long story short, i ended up giving him 70 bucks for all 4. here are some pics
blaster3.jpg

blaster2.jpg

blaster1.jpg

Last edited:
did i mention it handles like its on rails now... its a totally different quad. i also ordered a tusk clutch that should be here any day. but the blaster tops out way to soon now. the rears are 18x11-10 and the quad has more torque in every gear, but way less top end. but i have a 14t front sprocket im going to put on and hopefully soon a 15. and i took a shot in the dark with these. the guy told me they were on a kasea quad with adaptors and he has a honda quad that they didnt fit on. so i bought them anyways and they fot perfectly

Last edited:
if you read my post you would understand. the guy had 4 matching wheels and tires for 70 bucks. if i had money i would have got better wheels. but i had 70 bucks in my pocket and this is what i came across

reading is overrated, pictures are easier to look at. and can you do me a favor, could you edit your post and hit the enter button between is picture. it is super wide and hard for me to see all the pictures on my screen.

yeah thats why i saved the stock ones. for when i go on rocky rides. near me there is only soft sand and dirt, so i dont have to worry about it too much. but when i put the quad in the truck to go somewhere i am going to take my stocks with me. but yes it does look better. wider too. the wheels are way offset so it makes it wider

i ran those when i had my 300 ex great tires i never had any trouble in the trails with them. if you need some top end back then go down teeth on the rear sprocket. looks like a great find.I:I

you lucky bastard lol. I wouldn't use a 15 tooth on the front. i bought one put it on and had like 1/8 inch clearance between the chain and case. too close for me to be compfortable with i never even ran it. try a 38 rear with that 14 if 14/40 still isn't enough. I will be running 14/38 when i get mine back together.

nice score!

if I sell a set of mine I'll post what I got mine for (mini holeshots and snow hogs for the 80) but I'm not too proud of the price til I get rid of one set LOL

i already put the 14t in front and it gives me more top end, but i still dont like the idea of dropping 3 tire sizes. but its alright. i take off faster now. but no the axle isnt bent. it is perfectly straight. and as for the dog... its my moms dog. i hate the little f***er. he barks and barks and barks. and i thought about dropping my rear sprocket size a tooth or two. but i am going to wait until my clutch comes in and see what kinda power that gives me.