My new blaster idles too high

Reliability.

Ability to remove cap without too much trouble.

Less weight swinging on the carb boot.

Last edited:
What is the advantage of the tors delete kit over having it.

with the tors delete kit, it removes that cumbersome box from on top of the carb, making removing the carb, or even just spinning it in place to remove the bowl for cleaning/jetting.
it also requires the whole tors electrical system to be disabled, eliminating malfunctions which it is prone too.

what does tors stand for? Is it the oil injector? All the wires for it are unhooked, so right now I believe it just sits there and does nothing.

Throttle Over Ride System.

It is designed to sense a wider than normal throttle opening, and will then shut down the engine.

Great if you have inexperienced children riding, that is what the Blaster was marketed for.

what does tors stand for? Is it the oil injector? All the wires for it are unhooked, so right now I believe it just sits there and does nothing.

Throttle Overide System, it is safety for beginner riders if the throttle cable should ever get stcuk wide open.
oil injection is a different system

So if it gets stuck then what does it do? Does it stop igniting?

never had anyone report that it actually worked in a full throttle malfunction ?
have many reports of it malfunctioning randomly and limiting rpm's to just above idle

Ok since the wires from that are unplugged, That no longer does anything.right? and the carb now acts like a regular carb and wont stop igniting.

I would check the link I posted for you and make sure it was deleted properly, if so yes, it is ok to leave it in place.
Even if you believe you have your problems solved, please don't underestimate the importance of a leak test. Everyone here will tell you to test any new-to-u quad, anytime you have a problem, and at least twice a year. Air leaks are prob the leading cause of rebuilds and a lot of times you won't even know you have one

if you can take a pic of carb do it and post it,check to see if top of carb is screwed tight they come loose often especially if it is missing lock tab,also what is airscrew set at? it should be at 1 1/2 turns out from fully seated or darn close..did someone drill a idle screw on side of carb ?part #2 check that it is tight,everything else posted above as well :)
02 carb with text 1.jpg