My leak test and some thanks

spcdlee02

Apr 30, 2013
Got my leak tester from AWK. Worked great. Found a leak around the top of the carb boot at the reed cage. Got copper RTV setting up now. Pretty good leak too. Will check it later tonight after a good setting time and will report back.

Thanks to AWK specifically for making these available. And thanks to everyone else here who shares their knowledge. Without all of this, guys like me would be burning up pistons/engines and kicking tires in disgust.

To expand a small bit, it was taking me 15 minutes of kicking to get it to start. With all the help here, 1 kick and she's running. Now the leaks are fixed as well and tomorrow I will ride and ride and ride!!

Reactions: bummer981
glad ya found and fixed the leaks.
might want to allow that rtv to set-up over night ?
if it's not set, the pressure may push out thru it.

and you're welcome !

RTV had about 6 hours to setup. Rechecked and no leak. Now it's in the garage for a good overnight setup.

Nice job reporting back.
its good to hear some success stories.
Now you can ride confident and have some peace of mind that your not going to burn up your top end.
Have some GREEN.

Plug I got from local Lowes works great on my stock 06 exhaust but not so good on my KOR ported cylinder. After port job the exhaust goes from round to oval just inside the exit and the plug doesn't want to grip good all the way around. I use a piece of old tire tube under the flange to seal the ported exhaust. Luck to you.

Hey I have the same leak tester the exhaust plug I could not get that to seal any help will be appreciated i turned the screw as much as I could and it would not seal

What won't seal the leak tester in the intake boot, or the exhaust plug?

What's size intake do u have?

Glad you got your leaks fixed. I just went through the same thing. It was a really good thing that i found mine. It was really bad and in several places.