My fathers day present!!!!!!

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
I:II:II:II:I

:eek::eek:
I also have a problem. 7 of these are the same and 1 is different.
In the pic the one in the middle is different.
What is the name of these things, so i know what to call them when i call ASR.

woohoooooo !!!!
thats some fathers day present.
nice score Doug I:I
but gonna cost you many, many, more trips for ice cream cones

the only place i see that 8 bushings of that size could possibly go, is on each side of all 4 hiem joints at the top a-arm to pivot on the frame.
then the long bushings between the 2 hiems, per arm
hold the 2 long bushings between the heims when screwed in,
i bet there's room for 1 of those bushings on the inside per heim, then 1 on each outer side against the frame mount.

i would call them the "upper a-arm hiem joint bushings"
???

The upper a-arm hiem joint bushings!! Thanks that sounds like a good name!

I knew where to put them i just dont know why i have 1 different one.
I think i need 4 of one size and 4 of the other size.
If i use all 4 of the smaller size i get a gap.

i'd be measuring a total width, compared to your mount width,
to be sure you don't need all 8 of the longer size ?
it appears this is how they're making up the difference mount widths for different machines ?
maybe email them that pic above, partially assembled, and the one from the first post with the 1 different size.
then when you call they can look for that email and see what they sent/need to send you this round ?

I called ASR today and they were very helpful. They are going to priority male me a new set of upper a-arm bushings and spacers and then i will send the wrong ones back. I will probably see them in 3 days.

I called ASR today and they were very helpful. They are going to priority male me a new set of upper a-arm bushings and spacers and then i will send the wrong ones back. I will probably see them in 3 days.

Of course they were nice! buy something from me for $600 and i will help you lol

Fitting the upper a-arms on isn't easy.
The width between the tabs on the frame for the upper a-arms is about 7 1/16", as seen in the first pic.
BUT as seen in the 2nd pic the width from the outside to outside upper a-arm hiem joint bushings is about 7 1/4", and there is a 3/16" gap between the inner bushings and spacer!
So the upper a-arms have to be squeezed 3/16" closed and forced in to place. This was not easy.

Fitting the upper a-arms on isn't easy.
The width between the tabs on the frame for the upper a-arms is about 7 1/16", as seen in the first pic.
BUT as seen in the 2nd pic the width from the outside to outside upper a-arm hiem joint bushings is about 7 1/4", and there is a 3/16" gap between the inner bushings and spacer!
So the upper a-arms have to be squeezed 3/16" closed and forced in to place. This was not easy.

you could just give them to me and get use the stock ones with some wheel spacers

Don't know how I missd this thread.Nice fathers day present!! I actually had to trim down the long spacer to fit them correctly on mine.I am guessing yamaha used a tape measure when the welded a-arm mounts on.lol You will love those arms.Did you get long travel or standard travel? Nice job on the skid plates too you fabbing fool!!!!!:D