my current atc

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
1980 Yamaha trimoto yt125j.
near mint barn find, sat for 10 years due to lost petcock bowl.
the engine/bore/piston look brand new! plastics were weather rotted and brittle from sun. so they got bombed black for a week or 2 then sanded/trimmed.
20130824_101903_zpsd368807b.jpg

as it sits
SANY0010_zpsd748ca3d.jpg

SANY0012_zps40d432bb.jpg

SANY0011_zps64033ad9.jpg

SANY0013_zps2bb23a7a.jpg

SANY0014_zps468ac0a4.jpg

^And the award for people who cant read goes to you!!!!

I hit the plastics black so i wouldnt get plastic dust all over myself.

I shaved the seat foam because sittng that high up on a solid suspension bike is asking for a tip over eventually.

^And the award for people who cant read goes to you!!!!

I hit the plastics black so i wouldnt get plastic dust all over myself.

I shaved the seat foam because sittng that high up on a solid suspension bike is asking for a tip over eventually.

And all that's fine but that doesn't make it mint.

And all that's fine but that doesn't make it mint.

Other than the plastics and a couple rubber hoses. the trike was near mint condition for a 33year old quad. It wasnt even dirty, no rust, no paint flakes.

Piston, cyl wall, dome all look brand new not a scuff or oil mark. It does 42mph easy.

The enlarged air scoops seem to help quite a bit with air flow and keeping cool at low speeds.
I think i might dye the plastics black wit rit dye. Also thinking of changing the rear sprocket from 39t to a 32-34t. Because 1st gear is almost unuseable 0-3mph, also itd be a good bump in top speed too.

Sweet ride, When I was sixteen my brother and I went in on a brand new YTM 125. We had alot of fun on it. They are pretty good in the snow. They float pretty well too. Good find.