my build is about to begin

97BoredOutBlasta

Feb 25, 2009
Hood River, OR
well i didnt want to tear it apart til i had alot of riding on this mostly stock setup, im bored and now im disassembling by blaster for a frame up rebuild. im gonna sand the frame and paint it, im gonna go with a "gravedigger monster truck" inspired paint scheme, sicc green frame with black plastics. i know its been done before, but i think it would look cool. then the fun part, new parts and machine work as follows...
motor:

aggressive trail porting by flotek or duncan racing international
head milled
3 mil stroker crank with port matching
wiesco pro lite
fresh bore and hone
lightened flywheel
34mm keihin carb
duncan racing intake manifold
pyramid reed valve
my new PTR hi rev pipe
my used PTR fatboy2 silencer with a fresh repack

suspension:
diamond j widening kit( i wanna keep my a arms, my friends dad chromed them for me, and he passed away recently)
yfz 450 front and rear shocks
hydro front brake conversion.
new set of rubber, not sure what one yet.

i cant wait, its gonna be a whole new bike. i will post pics when frames bare and ready for paint. this weekend most likely.I:I

well i got my paint for the frame, its a cherry red, and im gonna gloss the sh*t out of it. i want it to look wet. and today i just bought a 06 yfz 450 rear shock. it should be here next week somtime. next is the diamond j kit and the yfz fronts...and slowly my motor, i still need my 60mm crank, a 35mm PWK carb, and flotek porting. i also got the vforce 3 reed valve.

Attachments

• shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 259
  • reed 2.jpg
    reed 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 255
  • paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 240
hey when i bought my blaster the business put brand new xt dirt grabber tires i dont know the price but the ones i got were 6 ply tall and rock in the mud and looked good with the tall stock front tires

i wasnt sayin it like blasterracer is a complete idiot, was just sayin it was the wrong info...soo dont take what i said to offence

97, i wouldnt listen to blastereacer...the yz carbs are 38mm, not 35

oh really, well i reaserched it last night and the arlyer model yz 125s have 35mm carbs like the 80s model and i know the 250 has a 38 mm carb and inthe 2000s the 125s moved to the 38 but earlyer models have 35 mm, and earlyercr 125s have 36 mm, and i would now that i used to have one, and the yz my frind haz an o3 and yes its a 38 mm, im just tryin to get what i know out cuz u semm like yur tryin to say idk ne thing

uuhhhh, either way guys, thanks for the input... im using a 35mm pwk. pm me if anyone has one. i started to tear it apart, i found a crack on my frame around where you mount the silencer, under the seat. no big deal, just gotta weld her up before paint. i think while im hot i should gusset up my frame. any thoughts on frame gussets? i saw a post on here a while ago but didnt give it thought.

guessets are alwasy good...especially if u like to jump and stuff like that.....just make them at all the connetion parts of the frame, not ever single connection but every one possible