My blaster wont start

I will be around the bike in a few hours and i will be of more help like seeing if the tank is under the seat. When i purchased it he gave me the oil and told me it would have to be mixed. Also the damage if it wasn't supposed to to mixed what it the enormity of fixing that. The engine wasn't very hot when the bike quit. But it looked like it was oil on the outside of it. Not alot at all but it was a little bit. At the bottom by the yamaha logo right above it.

Re fit the plug meaning take the rubber off? And have it touching the motor when i try and kick it? It won't start at all so during the kick? And do this before i put a new rubber over the spark plug?

Let me draw a picture!

Remove the spark plug boot, the rubber thingy that fits on the spark plug.

Use a wrench and take the spark plug out.

Place the spark plug into the rubber boot and ground out the threaded area of the spark plug to a point on the motor.

Kick the motor over, and a bright blue spark should jump from the centre electode of the plug to the ground electrode of the plug.

If no spark present, remove the rubber boot from the plug and push your little finger as far into the boot as you can.

Kick the motor over as hard as you can, and you should feel just a small jolt of electricity, ( just kind of a little tickle, depending on where your other hand is,) on your little pinky.

The greater the jolt, the stronger the spark will be, when putting in a new spark plug.

In both instances the motor will not start as you will have no compression

No compression due to it Not being hooked to the motor correct? Now if the shock is small i change the spark plug only? And that will fix the spark problem if one at all?

I will be around the bike in a few hours and i will be of more help like seeing if the tank is under the seat. When i purchased it he gave me the oil and told me it would have to be mixed. Also the damage if it wasn't supposed to to mixed what it the enormity of fixing that. The engine wasn't very hot when the bike quit. But it looked like it was oil on the outside of it. Not alot at all but it was a little bit. At the bottom by the yamaha logo right above it.

If he said that you needed to mix, forget what was said about oil injection.

Just from reading the first page I can tell you you mixed it too lean. I run Golden Spectro too and if you only mixed 8oz. to 4 gallons you ran it waaaay too lean. I run 4 oz to a gallon, 32:1, and 8 to 2 gallons etc

Now a couple people told me if i did mix it wrong it would just run crappy. Is that true? Cause it won't start at all. If that is the problem what is the suggestion

Believe it or not, If you mixed it too lean on oil, you would be running rich on gas and may have fouled a spark plug due to not enough heat in the combustion chamber to allow the plug to self clean.

Blaster you been awesome man thanks. Now if i want to solve this problem how do i empty the gas? I have no idea where the hose is or how to do it. And after the gas is taken out is there anything i should do as far as precaution wise? Also if i wanted to do a tune up what would that include list as far as a list. And ordering a top end rebuild kit? What is your thought?

When you get home, kick the bike over and see if the kicker goes down easy or not.

If it gives lots of resistance, like having a fair amount of compression., replace the spark plug with a b8es, and try the find the spark technique.

If the shock is small it will point to another problem which can be addressed at a later time.

It does have a fair amount of compression. It caught well when i was kicking it down. this may have been the reason it stopped all of a sudden and made that muffled noise i said earlier.
And as far as draining the gas to put a better mix in how do i drain my gas from the tank. And a the question about the rebuild kit and things to do for a proper tune up. Thank you

No im sorry. I have a buddy of mines that has knowledge of these that will help with the rebuild.. Lol i wouldn't try that now i would be on here a hell of a lot more if i tried that

Im taking it to ky for some heavy trail riding what should else should i do to make sure she is ready so i won't stall? Also please explain to me how to drain the gas blaster i have no idea how to.

Shift side of the tank is a tap, page 5-3 of the manual.

http://www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf

Turn the tap to the horizontal position and remove the rubber hose.

Place a container under the tap and turn it back to the vertical position, pointing upwards, ( I think, it is a long time since I moved mine).

When gas stops flowing, turn it down fully vertically to make sure it has emptied.

On the very bottom of the carby float bowl is a small screw, loosen it to drain the fuel from the bowl.

Im taking it to ky for some heavy trail riding what should else should i do to make sure she is ready so i won't stall? Also please explain to me how to drain the gas blaster i have no idea how to.

14mqc1y.jpg

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Last edited by a moderator:
Take and dump half an ounce of oil into the gas tank. That will make it a good bit richer. It may oil foul your spark plug but it will save you from burning the top end up since you are very lean. It will run but it will be a little boggy (as in not as much throttle response, not as high of top speed, etc). Do what blaster is saying to do first and make sure you do have fire. Pinkie in the plug boot (the river thingy that makes a 90° that hooks to the plug), touch the head with one of your other fingers and give'er a good solid kick.

As far as a carby float bowl what do you mean blaster. And chuckie will it ever run better or is the performance ruined completely