My blaster wont start

easyname2190

Jul 28, 2012
Hello im new to the atv world and made a purchase for my first blaster. I rode it when i bought it from the guy and have been riding all night and when i woke up today ran it for quite a while today. ran perfect started first kick only problem was you would have to tap the gas to keep the engine going. i was driving down the street when i was going to slow down the bike just died. no noise no smoke no anything. i had a bottle of oil i mixed and put the first tank in since i owned it about 15 minutes before it stalled. i talked to my friend who also has a blaster and he said i might have blown it. but call me crazy but it just doenst seem like it did. i was in about 4th gear and was coasting getting ready to stop and it just went out. can anybody give me some troubleshooting ideas. WHERE TO EVEN START. like i said ladies/gentleman. i am new to the engine and the sport. Please any help would be awsome.

I take it, the oil injection system is not in use, so you mixed oil.

Seems like when these blow up, they lock up and a piston breaks.

I asume, it kickes over fine, but no go. ? correct..

Try a new plug. atleast pull the plug and take a look at it.

might try taking the carb off and cleaning it too.

have you confirmed you have spark ?

Start with the simple things, then work your way into more. like comrpession check, leak down test.

Sporty

No it will not kick over at all. the kick start catches but it won't fire. it won't even hesitate to fire just a dead kick. and when you say plug you mean spark plug correct?

Please explain just how it stopped.

Does it kick over?

What oil did you use in the mix.

Please list all mods.

So do I have it correct, the motor will turn over, it is not siezed.

You need 3 things for it to start.
Fuel, spark and compression.

Hello im new to the atv world and made a purchase for my first blaster. I rode it when i bought it from the guy and have been riding all night and when i woke up today ran it for quite a while today. ran perfect started first kick only problem was you would have to tap the gas to keep the engine going. i was driving down the street when i was going to slow down the bike just died. no noise no smoke no anything. i had a bottle of oil i mixed and put the first tank in since i owned it about 15 minutes before it stalled. i talked to my friend who also has a blaster and he said i might have blown it. but call me crazy but it just doenst seem like it did. i was in about 4th gear and was coasting getting ready to stop and it just went out. can anybody give me some troubleshooting ideas. WHERE TO EVEN START. like i said ladies/gentleman. i am new to the engine and the sport. Please any help would be awsome.

Please elaborate (explain) this statement.

What ratio, what oil, what tank, do you still have oil injection?

Is there a tank under the back of the seat for oil?

No mods on the bike. And no it doesnt even hesitate to kick over. The kick start catches but its just a cold start. well i was driving on my neighborhood street when i hit the intersection I held the clutch and slowed down and went through. Went i got across still going about the same speed i attempted to pick up speed and i heard it throttle up and went forward for about 30 feet and it just lost all noise from the engine and began to just coast. When i did pick up speed she sounded funny like i was hearing it rev but it was a ( i really don't know how to describe this without sound but muffled out throttle up like graugy if you would) the oil is golden spector premix concentrate synthetic oil. Black and gold bottle and it was 8oz full i mixed with 4 gallons of gas. It said on the label mix whole 12 oz bottle with 5 gallons.

Golden Spector premix concentrate. Synthetic petroleum blend. Motorcycle 2 cycle engine lubricant. And how do i check for spark also?

It sucks but i am at work at the moment but when i get home i know exactly what to look for. And would be more of a help on my end. Sorry but i still would like to hear what i need to do when i get back. And about ordering parts online (if online at all) where would you guys suggest to order from thank you

The spark plug directly on top of the engine? And when you say ground it out can you explain please. Likalso where should i see a blue spark at?ilke i said im very new to the engine period. If i don't have spark how would i correct this problem. And i just glanced under the seat not paying much attention i have to gaps. No covers for the gaps just plastics from what i remember

Remove the plug and re fit the lead. Place it somewhere that the threads touch the motor.

There is an electrode in the end of the plug which should emit a bright blue spark when the engine is kicked over.

Make sure the key and kill switch is in the on position.

32:1, is 32 parts of fuel to 1 part oil, pre mixed and put in gas tank.

There is no need to mix oil and fuel, if the oil injection is still fitted to the bike.

If you do the motor will suffer damage due to an incorrect air fuel ratio causing excessive heat.

That is why the question about the tank under the seat was asked.

Re fit the plug meaning take the rubber off? And have it touching the motor when i try and kick it? It won't start at all so during the kick? And do this before i put a new rubber over the spark plug?