My blaster project

thanks everyone yes i have found a branch but its pretty high up so i have to use a ladder to get too (im a painter) so im not scared to climb inc witha few pics of the finish pieces and then on to my frame!!

IMAG0159_zpsee1e6ac5.jpg

IMAG0149_zpsad35f690.jpg

IMAG0150_zpsb204d7a8.jpg

IMAG0151_zps35f777cb.jpg

IMAG0152_zps569dc65b.jpg

IMAG0153_zps80b7946b.jpg

IMAG0154_zps1fc27062.jpg

IMAG0155_zpse2873882.jpg

this one is incomplete but
IMAG0156_zpsf36f67d3.jpg

some frame work still gotta sand it down some and paint over it the same color or a different color probably going to paint over it the same color.
IMAG0157_zps0051c392.jpg

When it comes to painting, the more I see, the less I like.:eek::eek::eek:

If it were me, I would just stand back and spray the whole bike one colour.:D

It will save so much time in removing overspray.

Are you going to remove the wheels to sand and spray the ends of the A arms?8-|8-|

When it comes to painting, the more I see, the less I like.:eek::eek::eek:

If it were me, I would just stand back and spray the whole bike one colour.:D

It will save so much time in removing overspray.

Are you going to remove the wheels to sand and spray the ends of the A arms?8-|8-|

yes i am removing the wheels to spray the rims so while im down there i will be doing minor touching up and well its not the finish product yet still have to sand down some things that i didnt see before but i like the color so im going to prob going to stick with the same paint and spray it. :p

pretty good, when i go pickup my motor from KOR ill start to put everything back together. here are some of the things i did to make sure my blaster was in decent condition.
IMAG0169_zpsc48ebe85.jpg

IMAG0168_zpsd9779c5d.jpg

i sanded the high spots with 1000 grit
IMAG0176_zpsf87db49e.jpg

i cleaned it then, patched that line up and sanded + painted it. I will get some pictures of it later on.
IMAG0192_zpsfe2bea62.jpg

i cleaned and greased these and greased and cleaned the bearings i left in the swing arm.

So today my friend helped me out and j polished my exhaust for me. its shiny but would rust stoleum clear coating make it shine even more? will have some pictures up tomorrow!!

This is the exhaust polished you can see how much of adifference it made by being polished still gotta tweak a little bit but a good start
IMAG0248_zps85be0e11.jpg

IMAG0249_zps695fe8a5.jpg

IMAG0251_zps169f4288.jpg

IMAG0250_zpsea368da7.jpg

This is the final product of my yamaha blaster. I cant say enough good things about KOR, He took the time out of his busy work schedule to build my motor and get me riding again. This guy is not like other shops that are just after your money he cares about what hes giving you, in his exact words "Im giving you a baby so take care of it." He gave me a lot of tips on how to keep my motor running and how to break it in properly so i wouldnt fry the motor again. He told me what fuel to run and even gave me some!! Can you believe that? heck of a guy right there. KOR has been such a huge influence on me and im sure it has been on my motor too :p Im in LOVE with the power my new blaster is putting out it. If you dont go to KOR then you are missing out on a great opportunity to get your motor running the right way and for the price that he gave me? Other people just dont compare to this guy or his work. I vote KOR for president!!! My motor looks beautiful and runs beautiful thanks to Ken oconner racing i cannot thank you guys enough for the work you have done. I enjoy riding my blaster and knowing that it has been built by such a GREAT BUILDER i know im safe and nothing is going to go wrong with it. I am speechless on how beautiful this motor performs, Thanks a bunch ken.

Reactions: 89blaster89
Looks good, and if you paint plastics right, it never comes off I:I Take wifesblaster for example, the black/orange one is sprayed painted and its awesome! I:I

Looks good, and if you paint plastics right, it never comes off I:I Take wifesblaster for example, the black/orange one is sprayed painted and its awesome! I:I

it will come off. no matter what you do it will chip/scratch if you ride the same kinda trails i do. i say plastidip them. i just hate spray painted plastics, they make your bike wayyy lower in price. i would rather ride a clean mismatched pink and purple blaster than a spray painted one

it will come off. no matter what you do it will chip/scratch if you ride the same kinda trails i do. i say plastidip them. i just hate spray painted plastics, they make your bike wayyy lower in price. i would rather ride a clean mismatched pink and purple blaster than a spray painted one

Nice project man, looks great. Glad KOR took care of you. Now you know I have to defend the painted plastics :D if done right it will stay FOREVER! The orange/black bike has 2 seasons of hard riding in tight trails. The only problems with the paint is it is chipped in a few spots. This is because it was rolled 3 times at high speed. Bones were boke and required surgery. So the crash was pretty severe. The picture in my sig was taken after the crash. We pressure wash the bike after every ride. We have blown decals off without damaging paint. Now this was not a scuff and spray paint job. A LOT of time was put into prepping these plastics. Often times painting plastics will increase the value of the bike. The only you would decrease your investment would be to paint perfectly good plastics (who would do that?) in most cases the plastics are such an eyesore that the paint actually increases the value. If you put a chitty paint job on it it will decrease the value because more time/money is involved to get them looking good. Not everybody has a couple hundred dollars for plastics. If you have around 50 bucks and some time it may be the only route you can take. My thing is if you are going to paint them you have to do a design/color that was not offered on the blaster. This way you have a custom bike that you can appreciate. I painted my kx250 cause it already had a chitty paint job on it. I painted it silver to make it worthwhile.

Nice project man, looks great. Glad KOR took care of you. Now you know I have to defend the painted plastics :D if done right it will stay FOREVER! The orange/black bike has 2 seasons of hard riding in tight trails. The only problems with the paint is it is chipped in a few spots. This is because it was rolled 3 times at high speed. Bones were boke and required surgery. So the crash was pretty severe. The picture in my sig was taken after the crash. We pressure wash the bike after every ride. We have blown decals off without damaging paint. Now this was not a scuff and spray paint job. A LOT of time was put into prepping these plastics. Often times painting plastics will increase the value of the bike. The only you would decrease your investment would be to paint perfectly good plastics (who would do that?) in most cases the plastics are such an eyesore that the paint actually increases the value. If you put a chitty paint job on it it will decrease the value because more time/money is involved to get them looking good. Not everybody has a couple hundred dollars for plastics. If you have around 50 bucks and some time it may be the only route you can take. My thing is if you are going to paint them you have to do a design/color that was not offered on the blaster. This way you have a custom bike that you can appreciate. I painted my kx250 cause it already had a chitty paint job on it. I painted it silver to make it worthwhile.

i would be interested in how you prepped it? you should make a DIY on how to paint plastics the CORRECT way not just a scuff and paint job. I:I