My blaster project

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
going to be posting some pictures of before and after power washing and sanding of my plastics and then later on in the week when i plasti dip them stay tuned!I:I

Same Bat time, same Bat channel, bring on the pics, fingers poised at the ready on the tuning knob.

Take a series of pics showing before and after, with a lot inbetween.

IMAG0107_zps47f2feb5.jpg
IMAG0108_zps922264e3.jpg

the person before me didnt take care of these plastics at all some have spray paint on them from previous painting, im going to try to sand the plastics down with 180 grit and maybe do the plastic restoration video then plasti dip them? what you guys think?

I would just clean them very well and plastic dip them. Sand down any high spots.

My plastics are mint. I will be plasti dipping them for protection in the near future.

Stratton.

theres also some dirt/oil idek what it is thats like in my 2nd pic inbetween the intake boot and the airfilter box i cant seem to get it off i used a power washer too and it wont come off and i put it on highest pressure D:

I would just clean them very well and plastic dip them. Sand down any high spots.

My plastics are mint. I will be plasti dipping them for protection in the near future.

Stratton.

thanks for info btw i will have the plasti dipp pics next week when i get my check :D, also wait til u guys see the gray that is on my frame with the black that i got its going to look bad ass!!

Thank you for this. I would like to see the finished product I want to do mine because its three different colors lol

Whoa!! I would start with something WAY finer than 180, even if it bad spots. Unless that plasti dip is like bed liner

i am assuming it is something like bed liner we are going to find out in a couple days :) going to clean it a little bit more then plasti dip it when i can get a hold of some cans and $$$

Looks good. One trick to painting plastics is to put very thin coats on. The krylon fusion works well with light coats. I know it's hard cause you want to lay down a nice thick coat to see what it's going to look like. The first coat is the most important IMO. That is what bonds to the plastic. I just painted the plastic engine covers on my banshee motor. 8 light coats of paint and 10 decent coats of clear.

Also it's always better to hang the pieces from something if possible.

Looks good. One trick to painting plastics is to put very thin coats on. The krylon fusion works well with light coats. I know it's hard cause you want to lay down a nice thick coat to see what it's going to look like. The first coat is the most important IMO. That is what bonds to the plastic. I just painted the plastic engine covers on my banshee motor. 8 light coats of paint and 10 decent coats of clear.

Also it's always better to hang the pieces from something if possible.

thanks for the advice putting my clear coats on tomorrow prob 2-3 coats and then painting clear coating my frame . i dont have anything to hang it on sadly ;(

Looking pretty good there..how much paint had you used so far??? (I'm a painter not auto) and i have no idea about auto paint nor plastic or metal paint. But i do know when i cover something glossy to sand n clean good n go about it slow, many coats as stated above,, patience will pay off.. hanging things its great if you can like even from a tree branch. You get all them little nooks n cranys well and floating around things dry better,,,, patience is key. But looking good so far.thumbs up..

(Maybe that's why my brain feels so half a$$ sometimes I's because of all the paint fumes i deal with day to day, where a mask if you can there like 5$ for a few n save them brain cells for another day))

Good painting requires rubbing back each coat of paint well, to allow a key for the next coat to bind to.

The wet on wet method is the way to get multiple coats on.

Too much paint will dry into a thick inflexable layer and will crack and craze when flexed.

(Maybe that's why my brain feels so half a$$ sometimes I's because of all the paint fumes i deal with day to day, where a mask if you can there like 5$ for a few n save them brain cells for another day))

I was using a brand new 3M canister filter, could "smell" the fumes "a little" :D, when I was almost done I had to get down on hands and knees to paint the back end of motorcycle frame. I just kind of layed over like I was drunk I:I. Next day my beard was comepletly shaved off, problem solved (better seal).