My '03 Project - REBOOT!

Re: My '03 Project

Alright sounds good, i could use that fmf pipe and silencer and some reeds if you had them, but ill wait untill you post them for sale, i dont know how much of my check will be left for myself yet lol... Nice blastys man, i wish i had the time and money to build mine this way..

Alright sounds good, i could use that fmf pipe and silencer and some reeds if you had them, but ill wait untill you post them for sale, i dont know how much of my check will be left for myself yet lol... Nice blastys man, i wish i had the time and money to build mine this way..

i have all the time in the world, but money, i do not. lol

Yea i hear ya, i have a wife and two kids now, few years back, i could afford it, i barely got by rebuilding the yz that i have...

jon, just read thru this again....
did you ever get an extended rear brake line for the +4 swinger ???
i got a gsxr system in that had an extra long ss braided line on it, prolly fit a +6 ???
it's covered orange with brass ends, and could be yours free for the asking, if needed
pm me if interested

jon, just read thru this again....
did you ever get an extended rear brake line for the +4 swinger ???
i got a gsxr system in that had an extra long ss braided line on it, prolly fit a +6 ???
it's covered orange with brass ends, and could be yours free for the asking, if needed
pm me if interested

thanks for the offer awk. i may send a PM your way dude. i just haven't gotten around to ordering one for it yet.

Damn nice progress! Great score!

thanks slick. give me a little more time and we'll get together on that deal we talked about. i'll soon have to have that tester, but with next friday looming i'll be broke again haha.

thanks slick. give me a little more time and we'll get together on that deal we talked about. i'll soon have to have that tester, but with next friday looming i'll be broke again haha.

If ya need the tester before we deal that's no problem, Think of it as a down payment!

If ya need the tester before we deal that's no problem, Think of it as a down payment!

nah, just hang on to it bro. i'm not ready for it just yet. i'm gonna have to ride the 03 for a week or so before i transfer the motor over. gotta pick up a couple things to get the roller ready too.

Man I need a fmf silencer soo bad so if you were selling the one u just got pm me but that's a bad ass bike man

Last edited:
100_1246.jpg

100_1247.jpg

100_1248.jpg

Pics of the pair. Not good, but i'll get better ones soon.

Let me bump this thread by saying that i'm no longer a fan of wheel spacers of any kind. this '06 has pissed me off royally today. started to tear into it to remove the spacers and exhaust.

i guess these are dura blue spacers on it, i dunno?? anyway, i thought they looked funny for some reason. i had no idea how they were mounted.

100_1249.jpg

:eek: are you kidding me? now i have useless wheel hubs unless i opt to keep running the spacers.
100_1250.jpg

X( same way up front, which is what really chaps my ass. had to take hubs apart piece by piece.
100_1252.jpg

now i'm stuck in the middle of this project because i have to get new wheel hubs for the rear and order new studs for the front. 8-| lucky i had some extra yfz rear hubs to throw on so i could have a partial roller.
100_1253.jpg

100_1254.jpg

100_1255.jpg

guess the only progress i made today is getting the holeshots switched over to my '03. should hook up good now.

100_1257.jpg

back to square one. got a little progress made today. ordered studs for the front and got some hubs for the rear from my buddy. installed the studs and got it back to roller status again. still waiting for a gas tank to show up.

100_1267.jpg

100_1266.jpg

fugged around on the 03 this morning a bit. threw a brake line on the rear finally and loving how the holeshots hookup on this thing.

100_1264.jpg

100_1265.jpg

Last edited: