moveing power

blastblast2

Aug 27, 2012
talladega. al
For now till I can get an extra cylinder and top end kit I'm goin to stay stock so this top end might last little longer but I want to get my power a little more in the middle because I ride mostly trails and a fue short tracks and I don't want to have to rev so hard what are some cheap ways to do this (I was thinking sprockets and duel stage reeds and maybe a reed spacer)

Your on the right track with those mods , you can put a reed spacer In front of the reeds closer to the intake for more low-mid range , Reeds help with throttle response but not much for actual power gain

I ride mainly trails myself n just built a small track that I have yet to test out n I put the carbon flesh dual stage reeds in n I love the response that I get. I am waiting on a reed spacer and just did a +2 timing advance while its down for repairs. I can't wait to see what its like now.

Sounds like it's goin to be a fun little blaster.my throttle response isn't really what I think it should be so I'm goin to get the duel stage it seems like a good idea is there any other cheap mods that might help with what I'm trying to do I don't want to kill my top completely but I want a little more mid

Have you removed the airbox lid?? Do you have a good, clean, oiled air filter?? Sometimes if I'm lazy and haven't cleaned the air filter in a while I can feel it in the throttle response!! Getting the jetting correct will also help, gives you max power and throttle response/acceleration!! If you're stock and still with the oiling system, once you remove the airbox cover and have a good air filter on there you may want to go up on, maybe two sizes on the main and play with the needle a tad, potentially. As with the dirty air filter, when the seasons/temps change I can feel the lack of power/acceleration when the jetting is off.

Also, what makes you think that your top end is on it's way out?? I got my blasters from a friend that had not been good to them, and then they sat outside his parents house under a tarp for 4 years while he was away at college. I got them and immediately ripped the top end apart as he had no airbox cover, fmf, and used to beat the bag out of it with no jetting changes. To my surprise, the piston and cylinder looked brand new and I just ended up honing the cylinder and popping in new rings. My plan was bore and wiseco.

The top end is new I just want it to last got a new air filter and have been thinking about the lid mod but not sure yet the oil injections have been removed and I pre mix

If you changed from injection to 32:1 premix you should have increased the main jet by at least one size to compensate for the loss of fuel passing through the jets.

For a little extra power and top end protection you may like to consider running a premix of 25:1, but again it would call for a larger main jet.

Any changes to breathing and oil ratios require them to be confirmed by a plug chop.

Do not cheap out on oil, run a quality premix oil designed for air cooled motorcycles, or better still use a Castor Bean blend for added protection.

Do leak down tests on the motor often to avoid the chances of running lean due to air leaks.

Warming up a motor properly is a must, the greatest percentage of wear is on a cold engine.

A properly adjusted idle is also important as it affects the first stage of the needle.

Last edited:
250 is in the ballpark, may want to start 260 depending on where you are in the country/world. I would suggest getting 250-270 or even a 280 jet and do some testing....you're stock exhaust right?

Warm that thing up too before riding for sure, listen to what Blaaster said!

Yeah stock everything I think I'll try a 240 with the lid on and hope that will be ok with 25.1 or might just put the 250 In with the lid on with 25.1