motor n frames

yep, bolt an 06 motor right into an 88 frame

Fits like a bum in a bucket!

last9.jpg

I've got an 04 that took a heavy hit and bent the frame... I just wanted to confirm I can pick up an 88-01 frame and swap everything over. Pre 02 frames are pretty cheap and easy to come by.

Frame isn't too bad, but I can tell the bent portion of the sub frame is starting to wear tires faster on one side, and tends to pull towards the damaged side when approaching top speeds.

I wanted to pull everything and repaint / treat the frame before my brother took it into a downed tree anyways... so perfect excuse is now available to me! Besides, he feels obligated to help.

Thanks!

I have a 91 and a 2001 frame and the frames seem to be almost identical. However, since I am in the process of rebuilding there seems to be a slight difference in the positioning of the foot brake lever, one is longer than the other and if I try to put them on the other frame, neither will work. This could be something with my frames specifically as one of the foot pedals has been repaired.

Looks like my question was answered in another posting further down the search results for "frame".

Thx

I have a 91 and a 2001 frame and the frames seem to be almost identical. However, since I am in the process of rebuilding there seems to be a slight difference in the positioning of the foot brake lever, one is longer than the other and if I try to put them on the other frame, neither will work. This could be something with my frames specifically as one of the foot pedals has been repaired.

that is common with the differences in pre 03 and 03+ frames. as is the electronics mounting under the hood, and a few brackets for the 03+ hood.

the footpegs and brake lever on the 03+ frames are indeed different, due to the hydro brakes of the 03+ models.
you'll need to use the footpegs and brake pedal for the brakes you intend on using, pre 03 footpegs/pedal for cable brakes and 03+ for hydro brakes
if you plan on swapping the hydro brakes onto a pre 03 frame ?.....you'll need to weld brackets to the pre 03 frames for the hydro master cylinder, and also need the 03+ carrier, axle/brake disc and hydro caliper.