Morning & night ride alongs from this past Saturday

piezzi

Mar 19, 2008
The first video is my morning ride where I got to rip up some clean sand. The second is of my ride later that evening/night. The night ride was totally bitchen. I met my cousin, who's driving the Rhino, out on the trail just before dark and didn't get home until 1am. There wasn't a moon in the sky, so it was pitch black out there so that even with the lights on you couldn't see chit. My cousin knows the area like the back of his hand so I just followed closely and tried like hell not to crash. The dark will definitely test your reaction skills and it provided a whole new dimension to my riding experience. Next time I'm gonna plan a full-moon ride so we can see a little better, but the complete darkness was great to watch the sky.

Morning ride:

Night ride:

x

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks 7!

28....I'm on my 2005 YFZ, which is affectionately known as 'the beast'

good vids paul !!!!!!
i'd luv to experience some desert riding, especially at night

Thanks Awk. Yeah, the night riding was better than I expected. Just have to be extra careful with pacing myself while partying!

If you're serious about riding the SoCal desert, just plan a trip out here and I'll take care of the rest to include accomodations at my cabin and a blaster for you to ride. I'd love to do your Awk mountain ride to see how you east coasters do things, so maybe we could work out an arrangement. Let me know if this interests you.....

Nice night video! I love cruzin in the evening! Still have never been on sand!

You gotta try sand, dude! I love it because it provides a nice change of pace from the beatings you take on the hardpack and it usually provides some good opportunities for easy air blasts :) Plus I like to slide my ride and clean wind-swept sand is a sliders paradise.

Thanks Awk. Yeah, the night riding was better than I expected. Just have to be extra careful with pacing myself while partying!

If you're serious about riding the SoCal desert, just plan a trip out here and I'll take care of the rest to include accomodations at my cabin and a blaster for you to ride. I'd love to do your Awk mountain ride to see how you east coasters do things, so maybe we could work out an arrangement. Let me know if this interests you.....

thats an awesome idea paul, I:I
i'll keep that in mind for next seasons excursion, i pretty much have this years rides planned out already !!!

^^^ understood, man. Keep in mind that your off-season (winter) is my riding season and vise-versa, so when you're Jonesing for a ride during your winter, you now know where your fix resides......in Socal!