ride report and new paint!

xJust_Causex

Apr 14, 2010
york, Illinois
Took the blaster out this weekend for a couple hour ride down at the river and had a blast! haha. Usually go down and play on the sand bar, but the river is up so only about half of it was out (which is still alot to play on) and there was some people camping out doing some fishing. So we strolled back in the woods where there is a few trail and a nice little track. This is the first that I have rode on the track back there and man it was fun as hell. It had rained the night before so it was a little slick on top but just made it even funner. It does have a couple rises on both sides that you can get a little air off of if you hit them fast enough so I got to practice doing some jumping, have a vid on the gf's phone I'm gonna have to figure out how to get on the pc and post up. Have to say that jumping from the 240 to 260 made a little difference on the top end, think I'm going to order a 280 and maybe go bigger and pull the airbox lid off. Still can't believe that it has ran this long on a 240 with a aftermarket pipe.

Now that I have lost most ya'll attention in the wall of text, haha. I finally got the front tires off the blaster, had one stubborn nut that stripped out, so I took the dremel to it and ended up cutting the stud off and knocking it out. have to order a new one. So while I had it apart I'm going to flip the fronts after the new paint dries. Decided on going with white rims with red hubs. Also went ahead and painted the hood and tank cover red, unfortunetly I ran out of white paint to paint the rear fenders and I think I'm going to try and find my front fenders and put them back on. pics of the progress, I'm gonna try to mount everything back up in the morning and will post up some more pics then

Attachments

• Photo-0014.jpg
    Photo-0014.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Photo-0015.jpg
    Photo-0015.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Photo-0016.jpg
    Photo-0016.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Photo-0017.jpg
    Photo-0017.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Photo-0018.jpg
    Photo-0018.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 97
Where are you at bro?Ik we have talked before but i cant remember?

You ever go to badlands?

sh*tty part about il is the lack of riding area atleast in my are its corn or bean fields.

Where are you at bro?Ik we have talked before but i cant remember?

You ever go to badlands?

sh*tty part about il is the lack of riding area atleast in my are its corn or bean fields.

I'm in clark county, kinda mid south, on the indiana side.

Haven't been to the badlands yet as I don't have a truck to use to get me there, but I'm definetly wanting to go sometime. I'm also not to far from casey, but there again I don't have a way to get the blasty there. I finally got done with college so now just to find a decent job and then I'll be trying to get a new truck, hopefully I can do this in time for awks wild ride this year.

If you take off and go to the badlands and have a little extra space let me know, I'll be glad to offer up some fuel money for the trip.

Sorry for the huge pics, But I got the hubs and wheels back on as well as the hood and tank cover. I think it looks pretty damn good for a rattle can. I'm going to pick up some more white and get the rear fenders done this weekend, the new red makes the rear fends look even worse, then I have to get that see fixed. Also got bored and made some peg extenders, I think they turned out decent considering I did all the cutting with a dremel and my welding skill needs some work.

pDQJx.jpg

DMvLJ.jpg

8XF25.jpg

ZN1RM.jpg

LxewM.jpg

ny7EC.jpg

So I got some new paint on the rear fenders and I dug out my front fenders slapped some paint on them and stuck them back on the blasty, It looks pretty good for a rattle can job if I say so myself. Also had to do a little stitch work from where the previous owner cracked the plastic, If I ever get a little extra money saved up I may invest in a new set of plastic, and I need to fix the seat, lol

Now that its all shiney I wanna take it out and get it dirty, lol. Only thing that worries me is how long it will last, since I bought the wrong paint, but I think if I have the room this winter I'm gonna pull it all down and paint the frame, kinda got to thinking maybe an olive drab army type them, or maybe sticking with the red and white, dunno yet.

w5DlS.jpg

LHpse.jpg

This was the better of the 2, the other side is cracked almost half way back on the fender
T5fGk.jpg

Need to fab up a new fender support, the old one was broke before I got it.
hrTPM.jpg

ya, its still got some left on it from last fall, but I only put one coat on it and it didn't really last long, I may hit it again and put a few more coats on it this time.