More carb problems!!!!?????

trinityblaster5

Nov 8, 2012
corning, ny
ok, so i have 2 2005 yamaha blasters. both ran great as they should. one of the blasters had a trinity exhaust with a 230 main jet. ect...... the other blaster had a toomoey b1 exhaust. i belive it has a 330 main jet in it. i switched motors because i wanted something to do. so, now that i have the motor with the toomey pipe and the vforce 3 reeds on the frame that used to have the trinity exhaust on it, it runs bad. it will idle okay but when i hit the throttle at all it will bog down. i dont get it. it ran just fine on the other frame. the plug looks good. its a little wet but not tooo bad. i have good compression, good spark,..... im thinking its getting not enough gas to the motor... just my first guess..:-/ but still it ran good just before. is there anyway i couldve mixed up the TORS wires to make it do this???

Don't run a 230 on either of those motors! So you are running the motor with vforce, Toomey, stock carb, with 330 jet air box lid on off? parking prake off/UNPLUGGED? If all tors is plugged in, only other option is to unplug it and jump it as decribed in the write up.
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/03-06-tors-removal-diy-41973/

The previous motor was trinity, stock reeds, 230 jet ,tors?

and the other quad had the toomey/vforce/330main, tors

Don't run a 230 on either of those motors! So you are running the motor with vforce, Toomey, stock carb, with 330 jet air box lid on off? parking prake off/UNPLUGGED? If all tors is plugged in, only other option is to unplug it and jump it as decribed in the write up.

i am currently running the motor with the toomey b1 exhaust, vforce 3 reeds, airbox lid off, 330 main. i also forgot to mention along with switching the motors i switched the carbs also, so im just stumped on why it isn't runnning right now.:-/ i have the carb thats all jettted and modded for it.

also just a few more questions, does the tors system effect the blaster while its in neutral? and the black and yellow wires that come from the carb, do they even connect to anything? the connector from the carb is disconnected as of right now.

those wires need to be cut and connected to each other on the side that goes towards the hood not the carb side. the tors will make it run funny all the way around.

those wires need to be cut and connected to each other on the side that goes towards the hood not the carb side. the tors will make it run funny all the way around.

well its all fixed now I:I this morning i went out and started it and it did the same thing. then i saw the wire coming out of the parking brake assembly. i unhooked it and she runs great again!!!!! :D

well its all fixed now I:I this morning i went out and started it and it did the same thing. then i saw the wire coming out of the parking brake assembly. i unhooked it and she runs great again!!!!! :D

Hallelujah! Figured it was something ya missed, glad it's all good!