more air pressure

almightythor

Sep 19, 2009
maine
i run about 5 pounds of pressure in my rears if i'm gonna race my buddy and want to win will harder tires make me faster?

harder = you'll spin more off the line, but if ya inflate them enuf to make them taller it should give ya a few more mph on top????

the extra mph don't mean sh!t if you've dug a deep hole lol. i'd personally just leave it at whatever pressure you normally ride at

More air pressure will make you lose traction off the line. I really don't think it will add that much to your top speed either. I'd say run them how you usually do, that way you have a better idea of how it performs and you have a lot more experience with the traction and handling characteristics.

I have to agree with the said above. It doesn't really make the gear ratio higher by running more psi, unless you have knobbies that balloon up at high speed. I run around 7ish in my 18"s you could probobly put a few more psi in your 20"s if a want without losing much traction.

3.5psi to 5psi in the rear

4.5psi to 6psi in the front

You would want more traction by letting air out and to have a more cushioned ride...I tried riding with all my tires rock hard but my wrists were just killin' after awhile

I like 5psi in the rear on my 20's and 'alot' in the fronts.
My bike steers and turns so much easier with more psi's up front.