milky oil

Logan546

Aug 24, 2015
Blaster oil was never milky before. I changed the oil 2 times and its still milky. Its not pure white its more of a tanish color kinda. But definitely not the original color when poured out of the bottle. I just recently did a topend rebuild. Before doin the topend this has NEVER happened before and i rebuilt the topend in my garage so it was clear of the weather. I use Amzoil 20w-50. And their is some slight residue on the tip of my silencer coming out. It is the same color... But my oil level never changes?

-EDIT
When i rebuilt the top end, i covered the piston and cylinder in Maxima Super M oil and i also poured a good amount down on the rod & crank to lube it up... This injector oil is a slight orangish color could this be mixing with my regular motor oil i put in the oil fill hole? And it was running very very rich as expected on the first startup so maybe it shot some out of the pipe?

Last edited:
along with the trans drain plug, also pull your clutch cover off to better drain the water tainted trans oil...water is what turns oil milky, not any other oil or even fuel.

your topend should have nothing to do with the trans, they are seperate compartments, unless you shattered a piston and pieces went into the bottom end and broke thru into the trans area, or have a leaking right side crank seal ?
that still wouldn't make the trans oil milky, thats water.
pull clutch cover to drain better, and keep changing it until the milky way disappears. use cheap oil to do that if you want, 10w-30 from the dollar store. then after it clears up use 10w-30, not 20w-50.
I like the Mobile1 10w-40 4t for streetbikes with wet clutches, available at most auto stores and bike shops.