Might as well do it now.

purplesan

Apr 11, 2009
Virginia
I'm sittin here half sick, no TV, feel too bad to go outside all's left is Blaster Forum. I've read just about all I can. Started from the last page of different subjects and read backwards looking for answers.

Here's what I have:

1993 Blaster
poor compression but still runs pretty good
carburetor that needs to be cleaned
stock pipe with aftermarket silencer
and it's covered in stickers so I don't know to what extent it has been modified; they could just be stickers. WEISCO piston sticker makes me wonder.

I may as well tear it down and get it all as new as I can before I do any damage. This will be my first time in a two stroke. Used to be a Husqvarna Saw Technician so I understand two strokes but a saw is not a Blaster.

Tell me where to start please. Think of me as an idiot who has to be walked through this sort of thing step by step.

Reckon I'll need rings/piston.
Probably go with new reeds (not sure which ones to get)
Would really like a better sound (not sure which exhaust to get)

When I get the motor done...I believe I'll wanna go with smaller tires on the rear.

I really appreciate the help - might wanna tell me the best place to buy this sh*t too.

Plan on doing trail riding like Hatfield/McCoy. That's about it. No racing unless it's a friendly drag in a straight line. Oh, hill climbs if I can find any.

My daughter loves her camera and is taking pictures of the engine numbers/frame numbers/etc. If you need any that, I'll post it. Otherwise she's just goofing off.

thank you...why a right bend? either glad i went to the site. i need a hot chic to take pictures of:O

Read the link - now I can get started. What about honing and sh*t like that? If my piston is 66mm do I go to 66.25mm or just buy rings? This is where I get confused and I guess I should just tear it down becasue I know somebody is gonna need to know what the cylinder looks like before they can answer.

Last edited:
right bends make more power, and dont go with boyesen reeds because they actually have less power than stock. go with (as stated) v force 3's, and do the diy +4 timing advance its bottom end power for free

I dunno about the boyesen reeds, i've now got the dual stage power reeds from them, and i noticed a big difference from stock. I love them, they're not as pricy as vf3, but i sure do like them a lot better than stock that's for sure

lets get this straight- boysen rad valve flows less than the stock cage with stock reeds. make sure you understand that the rad valve and power reeds are not the same thing.

You'll need to inspect the cylinder when you get it apart if its not that bad get a hone and clean it up. If there are scratches deep enough into the cylinder wall go ahead and start at the first overbore and see what that does for you. As far as reeds go I've ran most of the top brands before and I think the 1Dirracing G3's performed the best.