makeing swinger

shadetreeatv

May 12, 2010
Sainte Genevieve, MO
ok guys i want to build a extended swinger i love the looks buthow will it effect my trail rideing and hare scrambles...i'm a deciant welder so i no i can build it...my other question is where is the proper place to make my cross cutany help would be aprectated

you can buy the machined pivot tubes premade, you can get the round housing premachined, I have the ears for the standard carrier laser cut, use 1x2 rectangular cromoly .095 or .120 wall mild steel, the moly fit and weld nicer

ok well i thouht some of these guys just cut it in half and put a pice in

a lot do, but its almost as easy to start from scratch and build a much cleaner looking, better functioning swingarm if you pay attention to the shock mount location

ok well i thouht some of these guys just cut it in half and put a pice in

Well the title of your thread says "making a swinger" , then the 1st line of your post says you want to build an extended swing......

But you actually just want to extend your stocker?

1st. I have posted directions on how to do it before, others have posted how to do it too.... Therefore its time to use the search button and place some vig in a plain paper bag, Brandoz will collect it.

2nd, looking at your bike, I see your sponsored by Monster, maybe they will buy you a good cromoly one??

I have some extra 1x2x11gage or 10gage rectangular tubing leftover from a job at work, so im thinking of makeing a round housing swingarm. But i dont know what size tubing i need for the round housing, and for the pivot tubes, and what kind of carrer i need to fit my parts....

I have some extra 1x2x11gage or 10gage rectangular tubing leftover from a job at work, so im thinking of makeing a round housing swingarm. But i dont know what size tubing i need for the round housing, and for the pivot tubes, and what kind of carrer i need to fit my parts....

your best bet is to call JJandA in oregon, they have the pivot tubes, the roundhouse premachined and decent prices, also ask them for a 'garage sale' carrier they usually have a couple yamaha sized (axle diameter) dual row carriers laying around that the anodizing has been scratched etc.. that they sell pretty cheap.

http://www.jjandaracing.com/

the site i used to draw info from is called " a simple blaster site" A Simple Yamaha Blaster Site .........it was pretty easy step by step and if you can weld its easy to follow. check it out and let me know what you think just click on swingarm when you get to it. i used it to guide me on my first one. hope it helps!!!

your best bet is to call JJandA in oregon, they have the pivot tubes, the roundhouse premachined and decent prices, also ask them for a 'garage sale' carrier they usually have a couple yamaha sized (axle diameter) dual row carriers laying around that the anodizing has been scratched etc.. that they sell pretty cheap.

Thanks
But i work at a fab shop and next door in the same building is a machine shop, and i weld and fab for him, and he machines for me. So if i know the size tubing i need i can get it or get it machined...hopefully for FREE...lol

YOU ARE RIGHT AS ALWAYS lol

WOW balster pivots for $26.00, and a coolass banshee flame carrier housing 90mm for $30.00. Will my blaster parts fit in a banshee carrier??

the banshee round carrier works with a banshee or aftermaket banshee/blaster axle, the carrier comes with the brake mount plate so a banshee caliper will bolt right on. the banshee/blaster sprocket carrier is the same part.

the banshee round carrier works with a banshee or aftermaket banshee/blaster axle, the carrier comes with the brake mount plate so a banshee caliper will bolt right on. the banshee/blaster sprocket carrier is the same part.

I have a 94 blaster with a stock axle and a banshee or warrior brake caliper, will it all fit??????