make your own hose seal for exhaust

Mar 4, 2010
Clackamas, Oregon
i have seen a lot of the newbies ask where to find a replacement ruber hose peace for the exhaust. this is ganna be a step by step on how to make your own. these are what the dealer ship will charge u. rubber hose $14.39, two hose clamps $5.34 each you need to. rip off if u ask me. ok here we go.
all parts that i am ganna list can be bought at your local automotive store.

Step 1 : you will need to go and get a 1 ft peace of heater hose its sold by the foot at auto store it will need to be 3/4" to 1" depends on your exhaust- hose look like this.
675067_front200.jpg

Step 2 : you will need to buy two hose clamp that will fit around the hose.
Step 3 : now you will need to take the 1 ft peace of hose and cut about 2-2 1/2" off of one end then u can slip the peace u cut over the pipe and put both of you hose claps on to seal it up. this is a lot cheaper and if u buy a foot of hose u can make about three or four replacment one if need later on. price for a foot of heater hose is about $1.25 a ft and two hose clamps are about $1 so this can be made for under $3 plus u have 3 extra for later so why pay more i hope this helps some one thanks and good luck.I:I

good info for some of these guys that have been askin this lately, rep

they will last as long as the stocker one this is all i run on all my two strokes after being stupid and buying the oem one for years. i was just stateing that u will be able to make extra bc most place u have to buy the hose by the foot at least where i go u do.

I couldnt find heater hose big enough for my pipe so i took an old piece of rad hose off my pathfinder and cut it to fit, then wraped it with xtreme tape and hose clamped it on. your way works better but if you cant find small enough hose this will work too and still cost a lot less than the dealer.

Yep, I gotta do this too. I put it off because I did'nt think it was a big deal. My friend just told me it can make your bike run better sometimes. Doing it your way and here's your rep.

My exhaust tube at that joint has turned slightly blue. I think it's because it's been sucking air and getting hotter than usual ( I dont have a anything there). If it's getting a blueish color than will heater hose hold up to the temp. I'm not lean, just to knock that one down. I never run my engines lean.

thats what I did to mine as soon as I got my f7 exhaust like 2 years ago....lol

still works good