Major blaster problems help!!!!!!!!!!!

BlasterCaleb

Mar 14, 2013
Missouri
so ive had my 04 blaster for a few weeks, top end was rebuilt not long ago and i just rebuilt the carb to all stock.. so i was riding for about 2 or 3 hours and it bogged out and died? it was running like a champ all day! i have no idea what it is. it starts if u kick it a lot but dies unless you give it full throttle and even then it smokes white like a house is on fire and bogges out really bad. im getting really frustrated and really need some help. thanks!

P.S. it does have the oil mod delete.. is it possible the gas mixture was wrong? (yes i mixed it but it was dark). and its bored .40 over. and it was spitting oil out the exhaust and i did change the plug... i also drained the gas and re mixed it to make sure.

You probably mixed the gas correctly because if it was wrong it would have burned up in less than two hours, I recently had an issue like that, check the choke plunger, is it loose because mine was almost ready to fall out and it had the same problem. Also check compression. should be around 110-130 psi

Blown crank seal clutch side. Do you have any other mods done to it. If so did you keep same jetting when you rebuilt carb "back to stock" ?

The carb jet was drilled out. I put a new stock 230 in and float needle and everything all stock. How would I know if its the cranks seal? It is completely untied able. And it dies immediately after u stop giving it 100% throttle.

And yes it had a fmf fatty and power core 2 silencer before i rebuilt the carb but I put the exhaust and the carb back to stock and it has the park brake delete. Other than that no and it was running really good for the past week and the night before it broke down.

Not totally necessary to quote. It's troublesome that the main jet is "drilled out" you/we have NFC as to what size it is. If it's lean, that could be part of the problem, could have damaged the engine.

Best place to start now is with a leakdown test. White smoke is indication of blown crank seal clutch side, sucking trans fluid in. HOWEVER you could have chunked your piston which in turn that chunk chunked your case and your sucking trans fluid that way.

If it's smoking like you said, i would agree with the crank seal..Your sucking oil from tranny and burning it off hence all the smoke.. definetly do a leak down test.. You can make your own from things at a local hardware store for under 20$ ..i think there's info on here about making them I'm not sure. Take a look around..just remember use a bicycle pump not an air compressor, that would be bad lol..

Also welcome to the forum...look around there's lots of good stuff on here and some great knowledgeable people on here.

Does it stink real bad? Why would you take an FMF exhaust off and put stock back on? My advice would be to put a crank seal in it, get a 260-280 main jets, build a leak tester, Get some good gear oil, and put the FMF back on. All this can be done for less than 60 dollars. I would not be gambling with "drilled" jets.

The horse has probably already bolted, but you will still need to do one of these.

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Is it dieing when it's not getting full throttle a symptome of a bad crank seal? And do I have to take the motor off the frame to replace it?

Does it stink real bad? Why would you take an FMF exhaust off and put stock back on? My advice would be to put a crank seal in it, get a 260-280 main jets, build a leak tester, Get some good gear oil, and put the FMF back on. All this can be done for less than 60 dollars. I would not be gambling with "drilled" jets.

I took it off cause I needed money really badly and a guy offered me $90 and his stock pipe so I took it, and I do not like it that loud because it makes all the neighbors mad. But yes it does stink. And I would rather keep my carb stock.

I took it off cause I needed money really badly and a guy offered me $90 and his stock pipe so I took it, and I do not like it that loud because it makes all the neighbors mad. But yes it does stink. And I would rather keep my carb stock.

Tranny fluid in the crankcase, time for a leak test to diagnose where it is getting in.

X2 on that chit wow also premix if you dont have oil tank and jets for stockish set up is like 250 or 260 without an air lid and premixing if you were thinking about that.