Made my own Seat cover today... Check it

hotrodjrod

Dec 27, 2007
Dayton Ohio
Well, after looking at several pics of my master blaster, I decided that The blue seat just didnt work anymore with the Satin black finish.

So, rather than shell out cash I dont have, for a new seat cover. I just made my own.

Took me maybe 4 hours start to finish, and part of that was figuring out how to work my sewing machine.

Im pretty happy with the results. If i do another one, I think i could make a few things better. The curves at the front of the seat on the left and right are pretty hard to do. I hand sewed them in spots, and because of that, it has a couple little goobers im not soo hapy about, but all in all, im pretty pleased with it.

Here's what i started with.
2159369547_a1a1e9180f.jpg

And heres what I finished with.
2160169670_158f40439d.jpg

2160169894_810e6ea0a0.jpg

2159370195_d6b855cd49.jpg

2159370389_75d46caef1.jpg

Thumbs up or down?

Thanks guys!

i think im going to pick up some black vynal and try another one. If anyones interested I may make a few to sell. I think after a couple more i can get the time down on them to where i could sell them a lot cheaper than the ebay peeoples. (well only for you guys of course!!)

Yea! The seams on the two curved parts at the front, were pretty tough. But i think with a little practice, i could get them a little tighter. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Id say on a 1-10 scale, it was probably a 7. But like i said, this was my first time using the sewing machine and doing anything like this, so if you know what your doing probably a 5.

Damn!!! that looks pretty darn good for first time.
2 thumbs up from me I:II:I

yea it does look good and i bet with the blue sit it looked like crap but i think it would look real cool if you went with black and made the whole thing completely black but if you didnt want to do that you could make like a metallic silver one and that would look ba with that black

yea it does look good and i bet with the blue sit it looked like crap but i think it would look real cool if you went with black and made the whole thing completely black but if you didnt want to do that you could make like a metallic silver one and that would look ba with that black

Yeah silver does go great with black...I must agree

Thanks guys. if anyone wants this one. I would sell/ trade it off. I was already thinking about doing a black seat cover, to complete my Darth vadar theme. I just didnt have any black material when i started in on this one today.

Nice man I was thinking of making my own to. got any tips?