Lunar Eclipse! RIGHT NOW!

it was badass!!! the moon was bleeding!! lol!!! ahahaha it was awesome though. I just set my alarm for 2:30 am.... i saw it and was like SICK!!!! so then 30 min later i went to sleep again. but it was badass!!!!

cecb817d.jpg

Pic from NASA.

It will end in ny at about 230 and its only going to get brighter.

you do realize that when you posted that pic the lunar eclipse didnt even start yet right?

it didnt start to crescent until 1241am

and it didnt get brighter, it got less intense and smaller and turned vibrant blue and reddish colors... its because of the way light refracts around the earth

you do realize that when you posted that pic the lunar eclipse didnt even start yet right?

it didnt start to crescent until 1241am

and it didnt get brighter, it got less intense and smaller and turned vibrant blue and reddish colors... its because of the way light refracts around the earth

Im quite aware of that...

Yes thats correct, there WAS a halo around the moon before it started. It was pretty cool actually.

regardless of whether it was the camera, that halo actually happens quite often

its our atmosphere, sometimes it can be picked up with the naked eye, but mostly it appears in long exposure photos

all im saying is that the halo isnt what makes it an eclipse... again, he was a full hour before it even began

regardless of whether it was the camera, that halo actually happens quite often

its our atmosphere, sometimes it can be picked up with the naked eye, but mostly it appears in long exposure photos

all im saying is that the halo isnt what makes it an eclipse... Again, he was a full hour before it even began

chill....................................

Well duuuhhh. Hopefully we alll know that...... That was the first time I had ever seen a halo around the moon that thick and with a brownish color. But yeah its not part of the eclipse itself, that happened much later.

touche, it was maddd vibrant.. all in all it was worth my staying up until 330am watching it :)