Lucky kid in SW Ohio

I havent seen one anywhere around here for sale. I dont know if the dealers have any, i havent really checked. But ive found 2 so far. The cheapest was 5 or 600. I dont think i will be finding to many around here, and i think 500 will be the cheapest i can pick one up for.

I have to agree with ur dad, i wish i would of listened to my parents trying to teach me the value of a dollar! But seriously, do as he said, just make a list and weigh the 2 options out, and if there;s things that you need to take care of first with ur money then do that first, If ur gonna need a truck before long i would do that first, cause that truck will take u to school and work and haul ur sled and 4 wheeler when u do have one, but just remeber with the blaster and any other atv, their all toys and about 90 % of the time u end up having more in them then u wanted! sorry to get all Dr. Phill here but just my opinon!

I think if i get over 1 grand with it, my dad will tell me no. And then ill take the rest of the money and buy my truck. I would love to go all out on this thing, but what i dont spend on it, i will put into a truck.

But last night my brother got the i beam up, and went to an auction. At the auction he bought a stick welder, so im gonna learn how to weld. So if i break or crack my frame or stuff like that, i should be able to fix it. But we have to get the i beam up 6 inches, so we got my grandpas barn jack, and later we will jack it up, secure, then get the blaster down. Hopefully tonight ill strip it down and wash everything. And i will probably keep the plastics, and just get what i need. So i will wax it all. Ill basically do what i do to my sled every fall. Wash it down, then wax it. Hopefully ill have more pics tonight. Also, where can i find the serial number plate thingy on it? I would guess on the frame.

I still also have to convince my dad to let me do it. So basically i have to find a complete engine for a good price, and then try to convince him. He says that i wont be able to get all the parts to get it running. So i dont know. He tries to teach me how to manage my money. Which has basically been to not buy anything. So for now the most important thing is for me to convince my dad to let me do this.

I wont have my lisence for 13 or 14 months, so i dont really need a vehicle till then. And although i would love to buy a truck now, my dad wouldnt yet me if i found a good deal. And i still havent found a truck i like. But with the blaster i have the money at home to finish it up and hopefully not dip into my savings, the rest and some of my savings will go into stocks. Now is the time to buy stocks. So instead of buying some sweet parts for your blaster, invest it. In a year the stock market will hopefully be better. Then you can sell your stocks and should have a good bit more money then what you invested, so more parts for you blaster.

Ok, so far the hardest thing to find is a motor. I found one on ebay, went up 100 bucks since last night. It will probably go for 600 or so, and for that i could buy a used one. So does anybody have a motor for sell, or what would be a good motor to swap in? If i cant find a good motor without paying a ton, i will just buy a whole quad, but i would probably go a bit bigger then a blaster. That is if i can find anything else, there is always the blaster for 600 somewhere in ohio i dont know of, so probably hours away.

Another update,tonight we got all the appliances in and working. So hopefully by the weekend we will get it down. But, we arent sure how yet. Either it will take luck, 3-4 guys, and some ladders. Or somebody in the bucket of a bobcat. But once i get it down ill know a lot more about it. Here are some new pics. And the metal block is what i was welding on. The good welds were my brothers, it was the first time in a while he welded. All the holes and crap welds, were mine. I actually made a nice holder for the welding rods.

But tell me what you think about it, and what all i might need. Its rusted really bad, but sometime after we get the house finished, we will sandblast it and paint it. So maybe this winter ill be working on it in my brothers garage.

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

nah, man he has the frame, bumper, rear calibur and the front shocks....Clean up everything really good bro....sand all the metal down.....take a drill and steel brush drill bit and polish the metal down really good...then paint the frame and arms(swingarm and a arms)....Find out what still looks good after that...But dont decide on anything until you clean up everything and get all rust off...itll look and feel better and u will know where u stand at that point. However first u have to get it down and take lots of pics for us to see everything...without a motor it wont be that heavy...u and ur bro could get it down probaly!

I dont know if anyone else told you this cuz I didnt really read through the rest of the posts, but, If you look on the left side of the frame where the left footpeg is, right in front of that on the frame will be your vin number. Find the 10th number on the frame and go to this site ATV VIN Number and look at the bottom and see where your 10th letter is. Like my 10th letter is "Y" so I searched the diagram and found "Y" and found out that my Blaster was a 2000. Hope that helps ya...

yeh without a motor and tires it will be easy light. you and your brother should be able to get it. it looks to me like you need a baffle, engine, wheels and tires, a carb and some sanding disks and paint. it looks like you can make it nice. its just a time consuming project

yea plus a steering column and rear shock etc. lol theres a lot but dont do it all at once...take your time with it so it comes out nice and you have time to make money as you go instead of dropping a grand into it all at once.....honestly dude your probaly gonna have to put at least 1200 into it or so....u need lots right now and if u run into problems as u go thats even more. i think u should continue rebuilding this one and post pics everytime u need help or make process so we can see it and help u ....be pretty sweet if u can turn that thing around to a nice looking and performing blaster!!!

yeh idk about that i see the shock on page one laying next to the bike and i8 see a steering column. yeh im sure you will need small stuff to like a chain and bolts and all that but if you look and dont mind fixing a broken engine i say you can do it for 500 600

Im gonna save time, and use a sandblaster. This weekend is supposed to get cold and crappy, so if its down im gonna work on it. If its not, we will try and work on the house. This is kinda on the back burner now cause my bro and his wife want to move in soon. So we are trying to get the paint in the house peeled off, and repaint just about everything. But if i need bolts and stuff, ill try to find the sizes for them, then go into town and get stainless steel. If i put new hardware on (nuts, bolts, etc..) i want stainless. It will look better and shouldnt rust. But this will be my winter project. Ill probably repack all the bearings, and make sure everything is good and then ill assembling it. But i found a topend on here, so i still need a bottom end. On craigslist i found tires. So for those im looking at 3-400 dollars. And im sure ill be able to find the rest of the stuff, hopefully. But ill keep you guys updated with pics, and ask questions. Hopefully when we get it down the frame isnt messed up. If it is, ill be parting her out.

I mean im expecting 3-400 for the tires and motor. The tires are stock, look good. All 4 for 100. Although in the future i want a set of aluminum rims, but when i do that ill upgrade other stuff to make it look good. My goal is to get the basics, and start riding it.

Another update, with pics and some good discoveries. Today my brother bought a bit bigger ladder then the one we got from home, so i got up higher, and i felt safer on the second to top rung then on the other, which im afraid of heights. So i started moving stuff around. At first i thought it was part of a heat lamp, turns out it was a twin air filter. Under it is a Kehlin(sp?) carb. It says For Motorcycle Race Only, or something like that. Then on the front fender i saw something hanging, couldnt figure out what it was. It looked like a throttle, i pushed the lever and found out it was the throttle, its a Suzuki throttle. Other then that i think the majority of it is still stock, except the bumper, rear breaks, and silencer. But has anybody ever heard of a company called Tegra, i dont think its close but it starts with a T, Racing. Its red. Thats who made the rear break, and im curious how good it is. I also found the rear break light, and it has all the wires. Hopefully tomorrow we will try to get it down. Either we are using ladders, or our dump trailer, but it should be down. Im gonna give the carb a good soak in our parts cleaner, and getting all new fuel lines, which should be a few bucks.

Ill keep yall updated. But if you see something in the pics, or can tell me about the breaks or any mods on it, please do so.

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0032-1.jpg

DSCF0033-1.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0035-1.jpg

the rear brake caliper should be made by trenga racing. there a big aftermarket company that specializes in blaster upgrades

What to look for is a beat up old Blaster that might need some repairs other than the motor. I just found one on my local craigslist for $400 that needed brakes all around, brake cables, clutch cable, headlight, and kickstart return spring.