LTZ rear shock

sc0r1a

Jun 11, 2009
Ohio
I just ordered my new (well used) Suzuki LTZ 400 rear shock. Its off of an 03. seems to be in pretty good shape, got it off egay for 20.50 + 20 shipping, seemed like a pretty far price.
What are some snags i might come across trying to install one of these? I read the sticky and have a good idea of how to do it. Just wondering what your guy's input is.

This one doesn't seem to have any hardware with it, do i just use the stock blaster bolts?

Nice, I prolly wont get to it for a week or so... Taking the blaster in to get work done.
Thanks for the info

whats the best shock to use? i've seen a 400ex shock used. somewhere i saw a huge rear shock that had a rezzie attached to it...idk what kind of shock it was. i know that blasters arent really known for the rear suspension. and teh long travel setups are quite costly. i've always wondered what to do with the rear suspension. i hate how the shock is directly affixed to the swing arm. it doesnt ride good. and they are valved for a light rider. even tho its reccomended a 16yr old ride it.....

you bought the wrong shock 03 z400 shock is garbage, you need a 05 and up ltz 400 shock,

I think i have an 03 Shock on one of my blasters, it is not much better if at all over stock, get a 250r Shock, that thing is a HUGE improvement!!

I just got one off a 03 LTZ 400 last week and put it in, I haven't done any jumping or hard riding with it, but on the trails there's a big difference. May not be as good as a 250r shock but you can find the 400 shocks a lot cheaper.

anything has got to be better than stock.....i've although i've never ridden a blaster with a z400 shock. a 400ex shock workds good. i have ridden one of those

anything has got to be better than stock.....i've although i've never ridden a blaster with a z400 shock. a 400ex shock workds good. i have ridden one of those

I thought they were all the same shock, just different colored coils. They look exactly the same

i have no idea if the 400ex and z400 have the same shock. that would be a bit strange. but i guess it could be true

the 05 ltz 400 has the rezzie , the 03 and 04 is a pogo stick

From what you say i imagine the pogo stick like the blasty's rear shock. And the rezzie is the big thing at the top of the z400 shock... The one i ordered looks exactly like the 05's unless internally they are different