low reading

D

dave147025

ive posted before about my quad so i narrowed it down....did a compression check 95 on the 1st kick, 120 on the 2nd and 132 on the 3rd, im getting fuel which is clean and correctly mixed, clean air filter, tors removed. me and my buddy took the ohm meter to it and got a super low reading on the pulser coil. like a 20 or something when the book says 90-200?? something like that. the quad wont start...while kicking it i get an occasional backfire which has me thinking something with timing/ignition which led me to replace the ignition coil and i got a new cap just in case. i am getting good spark....what i was wondering is how often do these coils go bad? is it common?

Dave your compression sounds ok if your getting good spark &it's backfireing it could be a sheared fly wheel key which will throw off the timeing or a bad or broken reed valve .good luck with the trouble shooting hope you get it fixed.

its a 99...would it cause back firing when kicking it and for it not to start...what does the pulser coil do? pulse the spark?

i was prayin it was the fly wheel key but it wasnt.. im gonna replace this pulser coil... my reeds appear fine but if the coil dont work ill replace those and if that dont work time to sell it

Does it have vforce reeds or stock?If it has vforce reeds that could be the problem.Also follow the tors how to remove it on this site

it has boysen carbon fiber reeds but they look alright i need some helllllp haha

wow how about im an idiot it was only a spark plug hahahahahaha i never checked the one the dude gave me at the dealer and he gave me a br8es instead if a b8es!!! all fixed and runs great hahah i cant believe that

Alright dave!! sometimes we overlook the obvious i had a lawnmower did the same thing it would spark when you took out the plug and pulled over but would not start. replaced plug fired right up. glad u didn't sell the blaster. Now get out and ride that 2stroke!!