Low end "jittery"

Brandon81

Jun 24, 2010
Alabama
Hi,

Just bought a 2003 blaster about a week ago. The bike is totally stock. It pulls really strong when you are on the throttle mild to wide open but when I am just easing around it seems to be just a little "jittery". The engine kind of feels like it is "skipping". This is my first 2 stroke so I don't know if this is normal. I know these things are more at home when you are hard on the throttle so it may just be my inexperience. I hope to find someone else with a blaster to compare it to.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi,

Just bought a 2003 blaster about a week ago. The bike is totally stock. It pulls really strong when you are on the throttle mild to wide open but when I am just easing around it seems to be just a little "jittery". The engine kind of feels like it is "skipping". This is my first 2 stroke so I don't know if this is normal. I know these things are more at home when you are hard on the throttle so it may just be my inexperience. I hope to find someone else with a blaster to compare it to.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brandon

prolly a dirty carb or airfilter. and yeah if you look you might find some other blasters here.... lol :D :D I:I

lol just playin dude I:I

Yeah I know. :D I just laughed when I went back and read my original post and thought "man that sounded stupid".

I did think about the carb but I wanted to see if this might be normal before I tore into the blaster I just bought. I have taken apart and cleaned the carb a few times on my honda so I think I may do this anyway just to know what kind of shape it is in. I am just so anxious to ride it I did not want to have any down time.I:I

Yeah I know. :D I just laughed when I went back and read my original post and thought "man that sounded stupid".

I did think about the carb but I wanted to see if this might be normal before I tore into the blaster I just bought. I have taken apart and cleaned the carb a few times on my honda so I think I may do this anyway just to know what kind of shape it is in. I am just so anxious to ride it I did not want to have any down time.I:I

i feel ya man!!! i hate downtime, but a broken blaster because something got neglected is waaaay worse:eek: :eek:. maintenance is key to these blastys, take care of it and it will take care of you I:I I:I

o. if you were close by then i would say lets go riding sometime. but all you guys are like 1500 or more miles away.