Low compression what should i do.

If your going to bore it, I'd do 20 over because if u go more then you'll have to buy a new cylinder sooner. Its great to rebuild b4 a blow up because you have that option of only boring 20. And in the long run, you'll get much more use outta that cylinder. Unless you've got good money coming which you can afford to buy a new cylinder/pistons/rings each time u rebuild cause u go 80 over each time. Its cool to have a badass bored out machine all the time but moneywise it will cost you more. :) Good Luck with the build.

Last edited:
I'm going to take my cylinder to a dealer over here cuz he wants to look at it before he makes a decision on what needs to be done. I stuck the new stock bore piston with the rings in the cylinder and it feels tighter than the other one that was in there. The mics showed 2.583 inches on the piston and showed 2.59 on the cylinder is this out of clearence specs or not.

Got my cylinder back yesterday got it back together and as far as feeling from the kick starter it has a lot more compression than before. now i have this claping sound like a slow drum roll from a snare drum. my buddies is perfectly quiet. what could cause this?

it sound almost identical to that one but mines a little quieter. it sounds almost like a bearing sounds when it goes but i know my bearings are good i checked them before i put it all back together.

Final update for you guys on here. I got her all back together and finally broke in. She is running like a raped ape now. I love it!!!!. she will finally pick up the front wheels without any pulling on the bars!!!!. The knock it had in it is almost unnoticable now. This thing is like i put a completely new engine from yamaha in it. I'm hoping it will last me a couple of seasons worth of riding before it gives up. I really want to thank all you guys in here for you advice and input on the project. THANK YOU!!!!