Low compression blaster

Bleuu

Apr 7, 2020
Hello so today I was using the blaster and I was kicking into 6 gear until out of no where my blaster turns off and I am just rolling. Once the quad stopped I tried to kick start it and the kickstart didn’t have compression. I am thinking that I might of blown the piston, but I am not sure

So you’re saying it kicks way easier than before? It didn’t make a loud noise as it stopped? How was it running just as it stopped, zingy ?

BEFORE you tear it apart, power wash it!!
If you have access to a compression tester do that.
Then remove exhaust and take a peak at piston.

Is spark plug still tight?

Reactions: Slydog
Hello so today I was using the blaster and I was kicking into 6 gear until out of no where my blaster turns off and I am just rolling. Once the quad stopped I tried to kick start it and the kickstart didn’t have compression. I am thinking that I might of blown the piston, but I am not sure
im having the same problem

If low compression than you need to consider why.
What caused it?
Wrong jetting?
Airleaks? Lean condition
Chinese cylinder kit? And carb
This way. When rebuilt you don't have the same problem

If low compression than you need to consider why.
What caused it?
Wrong jetting?
Airleaks? Lean condition
Chinese cylinder kit? And carb
This way. When rebuilt you don't have the same problem
I found the problem... pretty much i had the wrong spark plug it was too long so it kept hitting the piston which made it crack

IMG_4294.jpg
IMG_4294.jpg

yes i finally found it and no B8es is the wrong one for me lol
Then you have another problem if the b8es is wrong. As that is the correct plug for blasters . unless it's a custom build and requires a different heat range plug. Bad detonation?

Then you have another problem if the b8es is wrong. As that is the correct plug for blasters . unless it's a custom build and requires a different heat range plug. Bad detonation?
no the spark plug is too long as in it was hitting the piston u can see the piston is gone from the top because of spark plug

That plug was not hit by the piston, it would look a lot worse that that. It looks like the edge of the piston was melting away causing all the little marks in the piston top. Could be from overheating, or detonation problems which where probably caused by something else like poor jetting or an air leak. But as slydog said b8es or br8es is the correct plug for a standard blaster.

Reactions: Slydog
That plug was not hit by the piston, it would look a lot worse that that. It looks like the edge of the piston was melting away causing all the little marks in the piston top. Could be from overheating, or detonation problems which where probably caused by something else like poor jetting or an air leak. But as slydog said b8es or br8es is the correct plug for a standard blaster.
how do i know if it bad jetting or air leak ?

It's definitely not from the plug

how do i know if it bad jetting or air leak ?

For air leaks you have to do a leakdown test for a 2t. 4t test is different.
Ussualy it's a good idea to do it prior to disassembly. To diagnose any problems.
And after assembly to insure you don't have any gaskets or seals leaking.that way when it comes to jetting your not trying to jet to a possible air leak.