Little help with stem mount please?

Jimmbow

Aug 6, 2010
Hi all,

would anyone know anywhere in the U.S where I could get hold of the stem mount bushings/seals? I have just bought a pretty nice 96 blaster and have noticed that the previous owner had removed/lost the bushings/seals for the stem mount and there is quite a lot of play there and feels pretty uncomfortable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Jamie

Hi acezeesawtooth,

I have the clamp but I just need the bushing/s that go inside the clamp. The previous owner must have removed/lost them/it for some reason?

Thanks for your help mate.

Cheers
Jamie

gonna be hard to find just that bushing i think they basically come built into the clamp. you best bet would to just buy a used clamp with the bushings in it

the bushings/seals you speak uf are just little rubber o-rings, mabey you could find some that would work at a hardware store.

You can get the steering stem seals at any Yamaha Dealer.The Raptor,and YFZ 450 use the exact same seals.

Ok cool, yep that is what I am after, number 7. That page is pretty useful. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks for all the help, I got them today at the local Yamaha dealer for 8 bucks for the set I:I