"Lil Gambini"

We'll ordered a crankcase side and bearings today. Cant wait to get it here and get the motor apart!..More than it already is anyways haha.

Got a question for you guys, Im a little weary about taking the bolts out of the case halfs, tried a couple and they didnt wanna move (F'n phillips heads!) anyone have any suggestions tips or tricks for getting em out with out stripping the heads? Needless today I will be buying the allen head kit Vitos sells so I wont have to worry about this next time.

I did this today. I had different size phillips, the ones that you can insert into a changable screw driver handle. I got the right size and i used my 1/4 size socket and inserted it and used a hammer and tapped it into the screw. and the came right out. I also used a rachet wrench, to turn them out, versus a screw driver.

I had no problems, the tapping it in was they key !

Sporty

Reactions: 93BoxRyder
I did this today. I had different size phillips, the ones that you can insert into a changable screw driver handle. I got the right size and i used my 1/4 size socket and inserted it and used a hammer and tapped it into the screw. and the came right out. I also used a rachet wrench, to turn them out, versus a screw driver.

I had no problems, the tapping it in was they key !

Sporty

Thanks for the info man! Hope to get this thing torn down here shortly.

I know its been quite sone time since Ive posted or anything but reat assured Im not dead and neither is the blaster lol. Its just been on the back burner...not even on the stove really. But work on it will be resuming. The motors all torn down I just need to get bearings for the new case side and reassemble everything. Then I will be powder coating the frame and control arms andextending the swing arm. One step at a time though lol

Well, insomnia got the best of me last night which lead to a bunch of thread reading on hear and perusing ebay for shocks.
I came across this guy with a couple hours left and no bids sitting at $15.
_3.jpg

Its an 03 kfx400 shock and looks great imo. Seller had 100% feedback as well which eases my mind abit when buying something like this.
I put a bid in and called it a night
Scored it with no additional bids, with shipping it came out to $29 bucks. Guess its time to hit up KOR for some bushings :)

looks good. keeping the green color on the spring?

Im really thinking about it. Im on the fence about running shock covers or not.

Ive also been debating on keeping the frame white like I painted or powder coating it white with a green flake...Finding this shock might have swayed my descision to the latter choice.

im very impressed with my powder coated frame. its like a thick coat of tough plastic over the metal. i would recommend powder over paint.

Reactions: 93BoxRyder
im very impressed with my powder coated frame. its like a thick coat of tough plastic over the metal. i would recommend powder over paint.
Thanks for the imput man. Im pretty much convinced on stripping it down and powdering it.
I want to gusset the frame anyway.

I think Im gonna go with a white powder with a green flake. Keep the rear spring green and when ever I get front ones ill either powder or paint them do match.

I still plan on doing black plastics and would like to still do the Silverstar graphics if they're still available lol.