"Lil Gambini"

93BoxRyder

Sep 2, 2008
South Fl
Ok so, I saved whats left of 2 Blasters from doom. My buddy was traded some stuff for an 03 that had been ran hard and put up wet. Im talkin' no hood or brakes rough. Well, he started fixin stuff and got the front brakes workin' and then the shifter shaft bent and broke the crankcase.

After that we found a cheap parts blaster on Craigslist that was seized, so we scooped it with intentions of using it for whatever we could. According to him while he was trying to get the swing arm bolt out with a punch the crankcase was cracked. So he was at his wits end with the whole thing and told me to come get them or he was setting them out by the rode and didnt care what happend to them. I showed up 20 minutes later in the work truck at 11pm lol. Ive let them sit for awhile and now have regained interest and want to get the 03 rollin.

He was told by the p/o that it had a 240 kit and a stroker crank, but as me and my buddy rip it apart we are finding different. Its a 68mm piston, .080 over right? and the top end looks really good. Havent got the bottem end apart yet since Im still waiting on the flywheel puller. The clutch and whatnot all look good as far as we've seen but I will be putting a HD clutch kit in it since its already torn down.

I have a few plans for it but really just want to get it mobile again so I can ride with my friends.

Here they are as of right now.

ResizedImage_1340563180718.jpg

ResizedImage_1340563143734.jpg

Randomness that came with it

ResizedImage_1340563113789.jpg

Oh and the name,well, when he first got it I dubbed it Lil Gambini because it reminded me of Joe Pesci. Small, not to pretty, but really badass haha.
(Pesci played Vinny Gambini in "My Cousin Vinny)

They are under tarps one of them ripped and caused the whole thing to blow over so they caught some rain. Unfortunatly theres nowhere to store them inside right now. I have kept the main motor in dry storage and am working on getting a spot in the shed for one once its up and going. All electrical is being replaced too since like I said this thing was beyond abused. I need to get the other motor off the parts frame but there is a punch stuck on one side and the bolt stuck in the other so its gonna take some doc brown'in to figure out how to get it out.

Well did some work today. Got it tore down and some paint slapped on it. Couple coats of white and got a coat of clear on before it got dark. Will finish up tomorrow and move on to gettin the control arms painted and reinstalled.

Snapped this pic after the first coat,painting over black sucks! Also had a nice paint stand with a junk rim and tire haha
ResizedImage_1341636470909.jpg

Control arms are all painted and ready to put back on. Driveline stroker/big bore HD clutch and new shift shaft on the way. :D

Last edited:
not too bad of a start on the frame, are you planning on clearing it or leaving it flat?

i have a little trick for white paint jobs. if you want the white on the frame to really "pop". scuff the first white layer with a scratchy pad and throw down a coat of metal flake silver on top of it, letting it dry fully before the next coat.(paint does not indent when you push your finger nail into it) then keep the can or gun about 2 feet away from the frame and dust it with white. get enough on there, but dont heavy coat it. using a technique like this the frame will appear solid white at all times. but when the light hits it, it will sparkle like a pearl.

^its very eye catching in the sun and looks like plain old white paint when not in direct light.
i know hundreds of little tricks like this, ive used mesh fabric to make a hood look like carbonfiber for a buddy. ive used plastic grocery bags to make a marble effect. a dab of brake fluid in the paint to make the paint disperse or wide fisheye so you get crazy patterns. hell i did a splatter paint job using a super soaker one time, came out awesome. looked like blood spatter, you can also get the same effect by putting semi thinned paint on a knife, and slowly wiggling it over the item being painted.

never be afraid to experiment with paint. just remember the prep job will ALWAYS dictate the quality of the finished product. and always test paint scrap pieces before doing the item in question, to see if youll even like the outcome.

Thanks for the props guys. It's actually gloss paint with a matte clear gives is almost a satin look but not quite and a lil more sheen than flat, imo. I was thinking about doing some flake but decided not to. Maybe itll make its way on before reassembly we'll see lol.

We'll ordered a crankcase side and bearings today. Cant wait to get it here and get the motor apart!..More than it already is anyways haha.

Got a question for you guys, Im a little weary about taking the bolts out of the case halfs, tried a couple and they didnt wanna move (F'n phillips heads!) anyone have any suggestions tips or tricks for getting em out with out stripping the heads? Needless today I will be buying the allen head kit Vitos sells so I wont have to worry about this next time.

I was actually lookin for some banshee shocks as a cheap upgrade but Ill settle for stocks if the price is right. Color doesnt matter since Ill probably have covers on them anyway haha, as long as they got some life left in them with no leaks.